Paul Pogba

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the beauty of a forum, different takes.

I said John Stones was world class and still our best defender 18 months ago and people laughed me off the board.

I also said Cancelo is a shite defender yet there will be many people who still overlook the obvious.
I'm pretty confident we won't be in for him, he's the complete opposite to what we normally look at. Lifestyle, attitude, etc etc. Don't think I've ever seen more than a 20 minute stint from him

Not every signing we make has to cost £60+ million.

I’m sure the club will be looking at Pogba and seeing a player who can be genuinely world class on his day but is also extremely inconsistent. I’d fancy Pep and the competition at City to get the best out of him.

Bringing in Haaland, Alvarez, Pogba and a LB for under £100 million would be excellent business. Would also allow us to go big for Bellingham in the near future as well.

Matip and Milner have shown at Liverpool that a shrewd free transfer can add top quality to the squad depth.

I'm with you. Don't want this **** anywhere near the club.
Right! We might need two midfielders but he isn't one of 'em. I only ever watch MANUre when they lose, or when I can't get to the remote and they are on some news item, but every time I'm left with the thought that he is a lazy sod. We want someone who can look after the backs of his team-mates. Pogba can't look after himself, loitering about the pitch with little intent.

I said John Stones was world class and still our best defender 18 months ago and people laughed me off the board.

I also said Cancelo is a shite defender yet there will be many people who still overlook the obvious.

When you said that about stones, what everyone who disagreed with you was forgetting was the strain he was under in his personal life, the impact that would have on anyone AND the injury he was returning from.

People tend to have short memories, stones is def world class and our best defender.

As for Pogba ? This all sounds a little left field to me…….

Matip and Milner have shown at Liverpool that a shrewd free transfer can add top quality to the squad depth.

The difference with Milner is his work ethic though. He always puts in a shift, Pogba doesn't and has about 2 really good games a season. I can't see why we would entertain such a player who only turns up when he can be arsed, which isn't very often.

Pogba needs to play under a strong manager and that's always been the problem at the rags, hes always been bigger than all the managers except for Mourinho Cant make my mind up as to whether we should sign him, in lots of ways it makes sense. Welcome to Manchester poster would be fun

When I see new pages upon pages on this thread I think omg, something must be occurring.

I think most of us are saying we don't want him here based on what he has been doing at the scum.

IIRC though, the window when he signed for the rags, we thought he was destined for us and there were masses on here desperate for him to come here

There was certainly hype for him then. Has he lost his game or have the rags ruined another highly regarded player?

Intersting you name check those 2.... - Stones has done some serious training and has considerably bulked up...he was always a talented player on the ball even when at Everton but he was suspect physically...but now he has it all - but as Pep said about Stones....his mental appraoch is so solid - huge balls to quote him and this is what Im saying about Pogba and why I wouldnt want him as he is the exact opposite..

And I agree with you on Cancello as well...going forward he is excellent but again he looks like his toys go out of the pram at times and defensively he is suspect at times because of this......Pep clearly had an issue with him when he arrived and he nearly left because if it....I belive there is still a tension there and Pep is unsure on him but his performances going forward mean Pep has given him a chance...but when the chips are down.....would you rely on Cancello....I wouldnt.....Walker yes, Dias yes, Stones...yes ....Cancello - no cause of his attitude....and that is my fear about Pogba....we would carry him and we cant have passangers.

The difference with Milner is his work ethic though. He always puts in a shift, Pogba doesn't and has about 2 really good games a season. I can't see why we would entertain such a player who only turns up when he can be arsed, which isn't very often.
That's why I think we should just offer him a year. He will have something to prove and if he does the job extend the contract if not fuck him off. I say its worth a punt especially with Dino leaving

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.