Paul Scholes has nice things to say about City and...

johnnytapia said:
oakiecokie said:
johnnytapia said:
"A very balanced article from him" "of course it was written for him" - you can't have it both ways. As for bearing no grudges, that's your prerogative - I prefer to remember how he celebrated that semi, how Neville rammed endless victories down our throats, so, please forgive me if I say..FUCK THEM. FOR. EVER.

Shouldn`t you be getting ready for school.
Havn`t got a scooby what the fuck thats supposed to mean.

It's the school holidays. And I suggest a little lesson on prepositions for your good self may come in handy. It may help you to understand how you've come to write two diametrically opposed statements. Anyway, I'll leave you to the Scholes/Neville love-in.

Well if you can`t be bothered to explain in plain English why I have two different statements I have supposedly made.
Scholes gave an opinion about our Club,when he was obviously asked the question "have you been impressed with City,so far this season ?"
The interviewer wrote down word for word his comments,acting on his behalf.So tell me old wise one,where exactly the problem lies.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
The final whistle at the end of the second league cup semi was the real turning point between City and united. The FA Cup semi final that followed it some fifteen months later, more a staging post to where we find ourselves today.

The nature of the victory was so in keeping with the prevailing narrative of both clubs at that time: City, glorious yet predictable losers; united securing another big victory with yet another late, late winner.

As united, fans and players alike, celebrated at full time they must have convinced themselves that this state of affairs would endure. That in spite of all this money, City would still conspire to come short. It's in their DNA to fail.

That is why they are so bitter and obsessed today, as people so frequently are when they are proved to be comically wrong.

That's right, comically.

I say old chap,City fans have never,ever been bitter. Have we ?? ;)

oakiecokie said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
The final whistle at the end of the second league cup semi was the real turning point between City and united. The FA Cup semi final that followed it some fifteen months later, more a staging post to where we find ourselves today.

The nature of the victory was so in keeping with the prevailing narrative of both clubs at that time: City, glorious yet predictable losers; united securing another big victory with yet another late, late winner.

As united, fans and players alike, celebrated at full time they must have convinced themselves that this state of affairs would endure. That in spite of all this money, City would still conspire to come short. It's in their DNA to fail.

That is why they are so bitter and obsessed today, as people so frequently are when they are proved to be comically wrong.

That's right, comically.

I say old chap,City fans have never,ever been bitter. Have we ?? ;)
Not any I associate with. I've always found 'Bitter Blues' to be appalling company, especially if I'm next to them at a game.

Pretty decent article by Paul Scoles that.
He's right about making more noise for the big games, too.

To be fair 90% of what he says is correct the atmosphere at CL games is not like a PL game and we have to try to improve that, I think we have become to expectant at home waiting to roll over teams all the time and if it's not going well you can feel the hush in the stadium. Away from home our support is top class and loud and proud

Paul's a good lad - was a superb player and isn't wrong in what he's saying in regards to our CL support. It's been a bit muted to say the least.
He just suffered from 'small man syndrome' which made him tackle like a ****. He certainly doesn't have an agenda like the rest of the rats from the club who have now cemented their places in the media.

Totally different crowd on CL home nights which definitely affects the atmosphere, the amount of different languages you hear being spoken in and around the ground is unbelievable. The one that stood out the most for me was Real Madrid, I felt like I'd walked into a united nations conference or something, there were all kinds of weird flags being carried round and displayed in the ground that I had no idea which country they were from. Large parts of that crowd were Real Madrid fans or had just come to watch Real Madrid, I'm still baffled how they get tickets because unless I'm mistaken that game was based on loyalty points.

Cobwebcat said:
He is right about the team and right about the fans.

Whatever the rights and wrongs a lot of City fans haven't taken to the Champions League as much as the Premiership and there is no doubt that the atmosphere is missing. I've taken my better half to a couple of CL games at our place and she can't believe how quiet we are compared to the visiting fans. It's difficult to explain that we are much better at a Premiership game. When she asks why I don't really know!

I think one of the reasons for the atmosphere is that it's not the same crowd as PL games, lots of foreign languages being spoken all over the place, obviously not usual city fans

its not just the champs league games , the atmosphere for most games could be better , the only thing i do miss about the dark days of division 2 , was the vocal support we had in adversity ,along with the gallows humour , since we have moved to the etihad , some supporters appear to wait to be entertained , perhaps our "customer" base is changing.

Scholes says what everyone knew, knows and feared. And by everyone I want to single out the completely depleted what used to be top 4 of the EPL: management, players and fans.

He does have an interesting point to the City-fans on a CL-night at the Etihad. I specifally smelled this atmosphere when we played Bayern and even moreso Barcelona. Their 'aura' even got to some of our players. We looked up to them too much and it cost us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.