Pellegrini is the new manager (Malaga Newspaper reports) 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didsbury Dave said:
George Hannah said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Haven't seen that before but refreshing to see a pundit who clearly watches and understands City.
You never let me down Dave and little red Peter is still brownnosing Fergie even in the jungles of Borneo. I wonder how much we've got in our Tea Chest now after missing out on Percy?

Every point he makes about City is considered, relevant and intelligent. Why not challenge one or more of them rather than make some childlike comment about allegiances?I would imagine the answer is that you can't, hence the adoption of bog standard forum 'they're all rags' idiocy.

You appear to be the forum equivalent of those Japanese blokes still fighting the war on pacific islands in the 1970s. Have you listened to nothing that's been said over the last month? By the players? By the backroom staff? By the CEO? By The Chairman?

All part of the great press agenda in your little world I assume.

To be honest I didn't get much further than..."3 at the back its an Italian thing..." Not a fan of punditry based on a lazy national stereotype.

sir peace frog said:
i personally think mourinhos appointment will take the heat off pellegrini,that and golums appointment will be the big story,moyes failure and mourinhos look at me attitude..

i hope mourinho and moyes go to war with each other because that would be funny.

Mourinho will happily take the heat but he will focus on Pellegrini directly and maybe Txiki and Ferran indirectly. Not sure what angle he will take on Moyes but I suspect it will be patronising and condescending rather than anything too hostile.

With City run by Ferran and Txiki Jose has no chance of getting the gig but if it goes badly for Moyes than the Glazers will put the pressure on and Mourinho may be in with a shout of the job at ManU further down the line hence he may tone it down a notch with Moyes.

That Mourinho will play the "look at my CV compared to Pellegrini and Moyes" angle for all its worth is one of my sure fire bets for next season. The media will lap it up with Pellers although Moyes will get a period of grace.

karen7 said:
M24 Citizen said:
People seen the SSN story on him today with that reporter hassling him again?

Hassled him at the pre-match conference, hassled him at the post-match conference, hassled him in Barca Airport, hassled him on the plane, hassled him in Malaga airport.

Not even City manager yet and they're already trying to drive him insane. Welcome to the rag press Manuel.

just seen it,he looks very calm and collected in front of the camera,i think he will need some protection from the famous vicky when he first gets here but i can see him handling the british press ok

Saw it earlier and thought it was really poor by Sky. First they bigged up how they lost at Barcelona (as most do) then hounding him. That reporter needs a slap tbh. Reporter was told time and time again he would not talk today but still kept after him

Is that clip of him being asked six times or him saying they have asked him six times available on the web? Couldn't find it on Sky's page. Two days ago I tried to find another one but couldn't because they had misspelled his name in an almost criminal way: "Pellegerini". Cheers :)

BobKowalski said:
sir peace frog said:
i personally think mourinhos appointment will take the heat off pellegrini,that and golums appointment will be the big story,moyes failure and mourinhos look at me attitude..

i hope mourinho and moyes go to war with each other because that would be funny.

Mourinho will happily take the heat but he will focus on Pellegrini directly and maybe Txiki and Ferran indirectly. Not sure what angle he will take on Moyes but I suspect it will be patronising and condescending rather than anything too hostile.

With City run by Ferran and Txiki Jose has no chance of getting the gig but if it goes badly for Moyes than the Glazers will put the pressure on and Mourinho may be in with a shout of the job at ManU further down the line hence he may tone it down a notch with Moyes.

That Mourinho will play the "look at my CV compared to Pellegrini and Moyes" angle for all its worth is one of my sure fire bets for next season. The media will lap it up with Pellers although Moyes will get a period of grace.

If it pans out as you suggest then I think we are about to witness a spectacular Old Trafford implosion reminiscent of the post Busby period, that needed the old manager's return on a temporary basis to steady the ship but in evidently lead to a long period of no titles. Wishful thinking maybe but I do hope I am right!

samharris said:
Didsbury Dave said:
George Hannah said:
You never let me down Dave and little red Peter is still brownnosing Fergie even in the jungles of Borneo. I wonder how much we've got in our Tea Chest now after missing out on Percy?

Every point he makes about City is considered, relevant and intelligent. Why not challenge one or more of them rather than make some childlike comment about allegiances?I would imagine the answer is that you can't, hence the adoption of bog standard forum 'they're all rags' idiocy.

You appear to be the forum equivalent of those Japanese blokes still fighting the war on pacific islands in the 1970s. Have you listened to nothing that's been said over the last month? By the players? By the backroom staff? By the CEO? By The Chairman?

Its sunday and the anoraks are out in full force.. ;)

In other words - in some cases being ignorant is bliss.

Mancity1980 said:
BobKowalski said:
sir peace frog said:

If it pans out as you suggest then I think we are about to witness a spectacular Old Trafford implosion reminiscent of the post Busby period, that needed the old manager's return on a temporary basis to steady the ship but in evidently lead to a long period of no titles. Wishful thinking maybe but I do hope I am right!

I hope so too. Fergie hasn't left the business. Instead he's moved up into the boardroom and his shadow will forever hang over Moyes. The same thing happened when Busby retired after his long rein when he too went upstairs. His successor couldn't handle the club as it went into decline, and rumour has it that Busby was driven to drink. Many eyewitnesses of the day reported him as storming through the office space shouting "Where's m'Guiness, where's m'Guiness."

Mancity1980 said:
BobKowalski said:
sir peace frog said:

Fingers crossed on that one. Moyes getting the job is a huge boost for us and for Pellegrini if we assume that its a three horse race for the title next season. You could see Mourinho and Taggart snuggling up to each other and giving it to Pellers via a willing media so having Taggart out of the equation cannot be underestimated.

That said can Taggrt keep quiet and let Moyes get on with it? If it starts to go tits the clamour will be for Taggart to step in creating all sorts of indecision in a club where none has existed for decades. The potential for mishap is strong and the first year under new management was always going to be tricky no matter who they appointed.

The downside is Mourinho the only manager of the three who has won the PL and actually won anything of note. Seriously its going to get mentioned every bloody week whether by Mourinho or the Rob Beasley's of this world so we are going to have to batten down the hatches on that one until the trophy cherry is popped. The fact that Moyes is in the same boat offers us some cover.

BobKowalski said:
Didsbury Dave said:
George Hannah said:

To be honest I didn't get much further than..."3 at the back its an Italian thing..." Not a fan of punditry based on a lazy national stereotype.
Well if you didn't get past that you're not in a position to comment on his comments overall. His 3 at the back comment was correct, no matter how he framed it. It failed and in many ways derailed the whole season. He was correct about yaya playing too deep, and the forwards being off the boil. He also stated that Mancini hardly ever picked his strongest team too. The only bit of the whole interview which was incorrect was that he stated he felt that ADUG would give Mancini another 6 months out of loyalty. He wasn't counting on txiki and soriano's experience in the game and ability to spot a man whose time is over.

Barnes called it correctly overall and to disagree now, after all that's happened, is delusion.

Can't wait to see what pellegrini brings to the table. If he lives up to his reputation he will get the best out of this wonderful squad, and that will mean glory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.