Pellegrini is the new manager (Malaga Newspaper reports) 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
de niro said:
Ardwick Green Blue said:
There seems to be a fair bit of giddiness from various posters regarding our chances of winning the league next season. With the current squad we won't as we have an almost complete lack of pace and width plus we do not have a prolific striker unless Kun gets over his current wastefulness.

I am hopeful that these weaknesses will be rectified over the summer but until we know which players we have then predictions are pointless.

don't underestimate the power of a happy squad.

Don't underestimate the ineptitude of a squad that couldn't give a shit.

Ducado said:
energylevels said:
When is Pellegrino likely to be officially announced, surely it's not going to drag on, by all accounts the 'the special one's has already signed a contract with Chelsea ...

This week no doubt, perhaps even on Monday

Sooner the better - Difficult to seal deals for new players you'd think if they don't who are managers is going to be!! If he can play a part in talking Cavani to Man City he'll do for me ...

BlueAnorak said:
de niro said:
Ardwick Green Blue said:
There seems to be a fair bit of giddiness from various posters regarding our chances of winning the league next season. With the current squad we won't as we have an almost complete lack of pace and width plus we do not have a prolific striker unless Kun gets over his current wastefulness.

I am hopeful that these weaknesses will be rectified over the summer but until we know which players we have then predictions are pointless.

don't underestimate the power of a happy squad.

Don't underestimate the ineptitude of a squad that couldn't give a shit.

luckily we don't have that type of worry.

Chelsea will be a better team next season.
Utd will not score quite as many next season but they will defend better with their defensive midfield definitely improving.
How do you motivate a squad that got their manager fired by not trying hard enough? Hugging them apparently.

BlueAnorak said:
Chelsea will be a better team next season.
Utd will not score quite as many next season but they will defend better with their defensive midfield definitely improving.
How do you motivate a squad that got their manager fired by not trying hard enough? Hugging them apparently.

that's a good question. I posted that I wish we could have replaced the entire squad, mard arse fuckers. not possible though.

then you could say bob brought it on himself.

I prefer to move on.

OB1 said:
Rammy Blue said:
Exeter Blue I am here said:
Bold prediction DD. Were we to land Fernandinho, Cavani and either one of Navas or McMinimum (both gambles for different reasons), plus a half decent centre half to cover for the interminable breakdown that is Vincent Kompany, then I'd be inclined to agree with you. Until then I'd have both Chelsea and the rags above us or at the very least equal. And if we repeat last summer's transfer window fiasco, then we're gonna be in an almighty bunfight just for a top 4 finish

You don't sound too confident mate of our summer activity, saw in other thread that you feel we'll only spend 30/40mil.

Have faith in Ferran, Txiki and MP. It's going to be good.

He goes to bed worried that the sun won't rise in the morning.

I live in the Antarctic......

de niro said:
that's a good question. I posted that I wish we could have replaced the entire squad, mard arse fuckers. not possible though.
then you could say bob brought it on himself.
I prefer to move on.

I'm moving on. I wish the new guy success.
My point is he will have a huge problem motivating some of the players as a result of Roberto's sacking. Taking that power away from the players will prove a very difficult task for the new guy I think. More so than most people are expecting given many of the posts in this thread.

Sadly, I reckon it will be very difficult to win anything next season as a a result. Once lost a winning mentality is difficult to recover. Hope I'm wrong.

BlueAnorak said:
How do you motivate a squad that got their manager fired by not trying hard enough?

Engage with them at a personal and professional level. Understand what motivates and inspires them (as well as what doesn't), and then do those things.

It's how you get the best out of people. It's authentic leadership. Easy really.

BlueAnorak said:
My point is he will have a huge problem motivating some of the players as a result of Roberto's sacking. Taking that power back from the players will prove a very difficult task for the new guy I think. More so than most people think. I reckon it will be very difficult to win anything next season as a a result. Once lost a winning mentality is difficult to recover.

I believe they lost respect,not desire.

We have plenty of winners in our squad and i have every confidence Pelle will get the most out of them,the evidence speaks for itself.Next season we will be stronger and plenty motivated,i can't wait.

FantasyIreland said:
BlueAnorak said:
My point is he will have a huge problem motivating some of the players as a result of Roberto's sacking. Taking that power back from the players will prove a very difficult task for the new guy I think. More so than most people think. I reckon it will be very difficult to win anything next season as a a result. Once lost a winning mentality is difficult to recover.

I believe they lost respect,not desire.

We have plenty of winners in our squad and i have every confidence Pelle will get the most out of them,the evidence speaks for itself.Next season we will be stronger and plenty motivated,i can't wait.
I hope your right. But the squad really isn't good enough - not without major surgery - especially in AM. Still that looks as though it may be being addressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.