Pellegrini is the new manager (Malaga Newspaper reports)

Status
Not open for further replies.
kenzie115 said:
Balti said:
kenzie115 said:
Ideally the latter, the fewer new employees you have to integrate into the system the better. However, it wouldn't be surprising if there were one or two back room additions with each change of manager. I'd suggest it'd be far removed from the current situation though.

OK I'm starting to buy into this whole systemic ethos effort now. One thing I'm not sure of......if the blueprint includes playing style across the entire club then who sets the blueprint.......is this coming from the barca boys upstairs/ elsewhere or has Pellegrini been identified not only as our new manager but also as the guy who sets the blueprint for many years to come......? If the latter then I'm still struggling to see why given his history to date he is apparently the man to do this? Has he implemented such a blueprint at another club for others to follow?

My opinion, although it is only that, is that the Barca Boys' primary task when they were hired was to create the system. This of course then involves highlighting current members of staff, both playing and non-playing, who don't fit the system and moving them on, and recruiting for the now vacant positions. It obviously follows therefore, that they believe Pellegrini is the best man for the manager's job. This ties in with their previously reported admiration for him from his time at Villarreal/Madrid. Both Txiki and Pep commented on the fantastic jobs he did at both clubs whilst at Barca.

It would also seem they've identified Pelligrini as the best man to steward the transition on account of his formational and tactical flexibility (as set out in this Michael Cox article from The Guardian, which I'm certain has been posted here but is worth linking again I think: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2013/may/13/manuel-pellegrini-manchester-city" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog ... ester-city</a>).
He should be able to cooperate with Txiki in order to begin installing the overall football ethos the Barca Boys would prefer, while also getting the most out of the current squad, which, for next season at least, may not feature the personnel most ideally suited for the ultimate vision of the club's playing style.

sincity said:
jay_mcfc said:
Don't know if it's been mentioned but Isco is coming as well, Malaga have confirmed it this morning.

Great news

Source?

Mate of mine rang me up this morning and said we have agreed to sign him. It was only after he told me this that he then told me the news about Pellegrini, which is covered in this thread.

He does a fair bit of translating work and was involved in meetings to save Real Oviedo a couple of months. TBH I was expecting it to have been known in the media like the Pellegrini story

There is no doubt in my mind that MP will be a top manager for us.
Very excited about the prospect of his appointment.
Onwards and upwards blues....

Pastor Kidney said:
ManuelPellegrini said:

Got in there quick with the username eh? Crafty sod!

Can't blame him, his previous username was RobertoMancini

Pastor Kidney said:
ManuelPellegrini said:

Lol

Craggers said:
Pastor Kidney said:
ManuelPellegrini said:

Can't blame him, his previous username was RobertoMancini

LOL

I look forward to the day when we appoint a manager called Mr F ****

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.