Pellegrini's post-Barca comments. Update P12. 2 game ban

Re: Manuel Pellegrini's post-Barca comments.

ForzaMancini said:
Was Navas fouled before the penalty? Possibly, but my first reaction was he dived and Navas hardly appealed. On replays still would have been a soft free-kick.

Was it a penalty? No but it was extremely close and in real-time I don't think we can blame the ref or linesman.

Was it a red card? Of course.

Could they have had a penalty when the ball hit Clichy's hand? Yes, clearly struck his arm and could have been given but would have been harsh. Fact is, if he had some agenda the ref had a perfectly legitimate reason to award Barcelona a penalty in the first half.

Did they have a goal incorrectly ruled out for offside? Yes.

Were the minor decisions that went against us typical of the Champions League and a result of our players too used to the accepted physicality of the Premier League (see Kompany's shoulder barge on Messi) and inexperience in Europe? Yes.

Was Pellegrini wrong to criticise the match officials? In my opinion yes and whether you feel it justified or not the way he went about it was very poor. Nationality should never be brought into it and was a pretty pathetic point to make. Pellegrini comes from Chile, they're hardly a renowned footballing nation, it clearly doesn't affect anything and is entirely irrelevant.

Any forthcoming ban is deserved and Manuel will learn from it, as should the fans always looking for scapegoats. Garcia, Kolarov, Demichellis, Hart etc. and in our manager's case the match officials. Instead, we should look closer to home and at the team as a whole for the reason we lost on Tuesday.

You sound like the miserable bastard who sits in front of me in CB level 3 block 325!!! And he always leaves 10 mins before the end of every match!!!

ForzaMancini said:
samharris said:
ForzaMancini said:
The fact referees are poorly paid considering the money involved in football I think it's good to see a millionaire referee who is less likely to be tempted to match fix.

Why must he have a don't give a shit attitude? One teacher does their job for cash, the other because it's what they want to do. Who's going to be the better, more-motivated teacher? Same should apply here.

Are you for fuckn real?? Answer me this..Is UEFA a bent organization??

comparing teaching to reffing a football game is quite frankly well off fella..

It applies to any profession, the person doing it solely for money will be less motivated than the person doing it because they want to do it - it's simple to be honest.

And UEFA may very well be a corrupt organisation but none of us posting on here actually have any proof and the referee in our game would not substantiate any such theory.

Going by what you just posted..our ref the other night must be the worlds best referee then...His motivation must be far better than the other UEFA refs out there as he doesnt need the money...

So why the fuck was he so shite then fella???.

samharris said:
ForzaMancini said:
samharris said:
Are you for fuckn real?? Answer me this..Is UEFA a bent organization??

comparing teaching to reffing a football game is quite frankly well off fella..

It applies to any profession, the person doing it solely for money will be less motivated than the person doing it because they want to do it - it's simple to be honest.

And UEFA may very well be a corrupt organisation but none of us posting on here actually have any proof and the referee in our game would not substantiate any such theory.

Going by what you just posted..our ref the other night must be the worlds best referee then...His motivation must be far better than the other UEFA refs out there as he doesnt need the money...

So why the fuck was he so shite then fella???.

Well he was only shit subject to people's opinions. To me he was just a typical Champions League referee which we need to get used to. And motivation isn't everything but it's an important factor, I only mentioned it because you argued that his wealth and lack of need for the job meant he was a shit referee.

Puppet Master Silva said:
Referee was poor but Pellers can't say what he did, 2 match suspension it is.

Why shouldnt a manager be allowed to say what he thinks??? the ref was shite,everyone knows it yet no one is allowed to say owt for fear of being fined/banned etc...

Talk about closed shop mentality at UEFA......Its like north fucking Korea tbh.. "you say wrong thing..you go prison camp no questions"

samharris said:

Why shouldnt a manager be allowed to say what he thinks??? the ref was shite,everyone knows it yet no one is allowed to say owt for fear of being fined/banned etc...

Talk about closed shop mentality at UEFA......Its like north fucking Korea tbh.. "you say wrong thing..you go prison camp no questions"

He's likely to be banned for the first game or two of our next CL campaign then?

He did exactly what we've been castigating Mourinho for. I thought he was better than that. He'll have to take it on the chin.

samharris said:

Not when he questions the integrity of the ref. Basically called him a cheat which was wrong.

Not the best ref but complete over reaction from some blues and especially MP.

cookster said:
samharris said:

Not when he questions the integrity of the ref. Basically called him a cheat which was wrong.

Not the best ref but complete over reaction from some blues and especially MP.
He said he was biased. He was. Wouldn't allow any physical contact.

He wouldn't allow physical contact from City - he turned a blind eye to Alves diving in and Pique climbing all over the back of Negredo. I fully expect UEFA to back their man but their man had a very poor game, he certainly favored Barca and his decision making was inconsistent - which leaves the door open to allegations of bias. Why did Negredo get booked for an innocuous challenge when Alves had already committed three challenges far worse. The penalty and the red card I can forgive - it's close and in real time I thought the first contact was I the box but overall on the night I thought the ref pandered to Barca and seemed to be manipulated by Fabregas in particular who was in his ear all night and offering free advice as to when a booking may be necessary - the ref clearly was unaware of the gesture for a card being a bookable offense in itself.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.