Pep Guardiola - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not wishing for him to go, I just feel his time at City is coming to its natural end. Not my wish but I think it’s happening.

And yes, we are in for many seasons of being off the pace after he leaves. But I also feel we’d be off the pace WITH him too. Just feels like we're going through the motions now.
When you play such beautiful football it is normal for it to end. Even Sarri's Napoli, in the third year, gave the impression of a team that was getting worse and worse. In fact, then (despite the 91 points) Ancelotti arrived, and at the beginning the players refused this new way of playing, and in fact Ancelotti was sent off. now after a bit of running in and some changes, Napoli is trying to return to the light. This obviously depends on the skill of the managers and coaches that will follow. However, I share your point of view, as something very similar has just happened in Naples.

I also don’t understand why our current system relies on our fullbacks having the ball so often in advanced positions when they’re the worst footballers in our team. It’s either intentional or opposition coaches find it laughably easy to force us to play that way.

Let’s get back to playing our wingers high and wide and our fullbacks dropping into midfield and protecting passes down the channels.

So true and obvious

I also don’t understand why our current system relies on our fullbacks having the ball so often in advanced positions when they’re the worst footballers in our team. It’s either intentional or opposition coaches find it laughably easy to force us to play that way.

Let’s get back to playing our wingers high and wide and our fullbacks dropping into midfield and protecting passes down the channels.

1601235663534.pngAbsofuckinglutely

Spot on

His tactics played right into Leicester's hands.

Pep should have known but carried on with the same set high line set up.

We should nor offer Pep a new contract. He should earn it or go if he can't.

He has been great. But the results are the results of late. One shit performance after another. This particular one may not be on him. But it shows he doesn't have the magic to do it on Managerial brilliance alone.

So I'm not worried either. The season will determine if he should stay or go. No favorites.

Said exactly the same thing in the match thread before half time. Walker is our best weapon against the counter attack yet we have him playing as a right winger, the bloke probably has 5 assists in his whole City career!!

He has fucked the system up big time. We were so dominant with inverted full backs. Now the full backs are miles up the pitch and we have inverted midfielders who cover full back. It’s fucking shite.

the holes we leave and expect Rodri and or Fernandinho to cover are ridiculous. its like his first season all over again.

Didn’t see this before I posted or I would have just quoted it. Bang on.

He has fucked the system up big time. We were so dominant with inverted full backs. Now the full backs are miles up the pitch and we have inverted midfielders who cover full back. It’s fucking shite.

the holes we leave and expect Rodri and or Fernandinho to cover are ridiculous. its like his first season all over again.

The first season comment is particularly apt. It really does feel like watching Sagna, Kolarov and Clichy trying to play in a Pep team. Except we signed all of the current players presumably because they were deemed to be perfect for our system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.