Pep Guardiola - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
His style of play has been partly worked out by the better coaches.

Often in football, if you work as hard as the other team then your quality will prevail. We don’t need to win every game 5-0. Sometimes when you go 1-0 up in a game, just keep it tight and wait for the opposition to make a mistake. Drop the forward players deeper.

We are pushing all the time. We did it at Wolves last week too when were were 2-0 and cruising. Where has the Pass pass pass pass pass, bore the opposition to death style gone which often then led to a goal.

There are no fans in the stadium to impress. We don’t have to win big every game. Id be happy with a few 1-0’s. Burnley away in the title run in, Leicester at home. We need to find ways to win every game yet we play the same way every game and it now hasn’t worked for 15m because we don’t have the personnel to execute it anymore and teams have become wise to our shortcomings. teams with pace have got the measure of us. If we lose the ball up front when attacking we can be in trouble 5 seconds later.

we have to change things or get the right players in to play the way Pep wants to do. As that is unlikely, then it has to change the system and style to suit the circumstances. At least until we have all the players back.

I think it will be an open secret at the club that he’s off at the end of this season, he has earned the right to leave on his own terms and see if he can turn this around

However, I think we’re in for another shit show like last year. When you are as intense as him you need to keep the players on side to trust in your methods , I think some of that has been eroded over the past 12 months

it seems like has constantly searching for the right formula rather going back to what has worked in the past

perhaps it’s a pride thing, doesn’t want to admit he has made a mistake thinking Rodri can play the pivot on his own so plays Fernandinho next to him

constantly changing Phil’s position , he’s never played well on the left but moves him to accommodate Mahrez, who I think he only picks because he doesn’t like his sulking when he leaves him out

just play the best possible 11 with players in their correct positions

get back to the high press and use the full backs inverted to guard against counters

stop playing a false nine as it never really works consistently

play our wingers high and wide

You don’t get the feeling any more that Pep can change a game with his genius. I think he’s run his course at City and it’s fucking depressing. Love him, but there is little reaction from the players any more to his ideas. Or, his ideas are just stale.
Or maybe the players realise his ideas don't work anymore and doubt or don't believe in him

As much as you fault the players the system is also a big problem.

I have aways believed this style of play either works very well or it will fall apart. If the pressing is not great for a full game then the few times teams get through we get results like today.

no idea why he didn’t go to a 433 when delay came on. Foden is so wasted on the left, he did nothing through no fault of his own. At least when he’s in the middle he’s gives the energy required to press and get back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.