Pep Guardiola - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is Pep best season. We have played twice against Chelsea,PSG, ManU, Liverpool, Atletico and once against Madrid and Leipzig(not counting the game in Germany), and we have completely dominated all those games with the exception of Atletico's 2nd half.

It's frustrating because it's so clear what our weaknesses are, and there is nothing Pep can do to fix our awful conversion rate and our problems when Walker is not fit against elite competition.

I am sure he and all of us are proud of the spirit and energy every player gives, but if I am deflated after today's game due to individjal defensive mistakes, I cannot imagine how Pep feels. He must be livid

We threw away two goal leads because we couldnt hang on to the ball , at 3-1 or 4-2 Gundogan should have come on to rotate the ball and gain control , but Pep just played the same way , love his attitude towards football but sometimes we need hold on to what we have.

He is livid because he knows we should have beaten Liverpool not long ago and ended 2-2.
Today we should have decided the tie, and its 4-3 only.

we are only winning title and CL if we are good enough to overcome ourselves. but I just cannot trust our attackers 1 v 1 against the keeper.
and not signing a proper striker last summer still can come back and haunt us very badly. which is just made worse with paying over the odds for Grealish who is a handsome guy but still a star struck guy from Villa not someone who comes in and puts the fear into Atletico or Real Madrid in a close CL tie. Pep doesnt even bring him on as sub in these games, and no surprise.

we make it so much harder for ourselves than we should. I hope he will instruct Txiki after Haaland go and get a clinical fast winger, somebody who can score half of the chances at least what was missed by Foden and Mahrez today.

I think Pep needs to improve how to use subs and how to deploy them.

Pep refused to sub tired Mahrez off in the last 2 CL knockout game and it really cost us. At his age it is so obvious that Mahrez could not play the full 90min of CL knockout game. If Real put Asensio and Ceballos on and they made their fair share of contribution, why cannot we use Grealish or Gundo as the fresh legs?

Mahrez was so tired in the 2nd half against Atletico and his repeated errors cost Walker. Walker's injury came from a bad ball control from Mahrez.

Mahrez/Foden were again very tired after 80min mark and if it was me I would sub Greash/Gundo on to keep the leg fresh around 75min. However Pep just sat still. Mahrez made a wierd pass and was intercepted by the opposite. Foden made a wired flick to show off his skill at the dangerous area and it resulted in the set piece which lead to the penalty. These are kind of errors you will made when you are so tired.

Pep really disappointed me.

Pep got his team spot on today, picked the best side he had available in the best formation and it worked well we were much the better side and should have been far more comfortable winners.

I think Pep needs to improve how to use subs and how to deploy them.

Pep refused to sub tired Mahrez off in the last 2 CL knockout game and it really cost us. At his age it is so obvious that Mahrez could not play the full 90min of CL knockout game. If Real put Asensio and Ceballos on and they made their fair share of contribution, why cannot we use Grealish or Gundo as the fresh legs?

Mahrez was so tired in the 2nd half against Atletico and his repeated errors cost Walker. Walker's injury came from a bad ball control from Mahrez.

Mahrez/Foden were again very tired after 80min mark and if it was me I would sub Greash/Gundo on to keep the leg fresh around 75min. However Pep just sat still. Mahrez made a wierd pass and was intercepted by the opposite. Foden made a wired flick to show off his skill at the dangerous area and it resulted in the set piece which lead to the penalty.

Pep really disappointed me.

If gundogan comes on, it's either a system change which didn't seem preferential or required or its for bernardo/kdb, neither of which should have come off.

Grealish is offering nothing in these big games, he's not done it all season, Pep isn't going to throw him in these big games now unless it's a last throw of the dice situation. he hasn't got the basic intensity in his game to come into these kind of games. In terms of being an option for Pep, he's pretty much a write off for the rest of this season with what's at stake. Which means sterling's the only real forward option we had, and he came on, I would have taken mahrez off instead of jesus personally but I don't believe it's cost us anything.

Pep did he best as he could (we are going through defender crisis atm), but some people need to criticize for something he have no control at all (Player abysmall finishing)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.