Pep Guardiola - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is Pep best season. We have played twice against Chelsea,PSG, ManU, Liverpool, Atletico and once against Madrid and Leipzig(not counting the game in Germany), and we have completely dominated all those games with the exception of Atletico's 2nd half.

It's frustrating because it's so clear what our weaknesses are, and there is nothing Pep can do to fix our awful conversion rate and our problems when Walker is not fit against elite competition.

I am sure he and all of us are proud of the spirit and energy every player gives, but if I am deflated after today's game due to individjal defensive mistakes, I cannot imagine how Pep feels. He must be livid

Spot on. Pep can only pick the team and tactics and there's not a game we've lost or drawn that we haven't been the better team and created more chances. If the players on the pitch can't finish those chances there's nothing more Pep can do.

It seems to me that whenever we get to the business end of the season, he never gets the oppportunity to put his best team out because of injuries to key players. If we.win anything this season, I'll regard it as Pep's best achievement.

We threw away two goal leads because we couldnt hang on to the ball , at 3-1 or 4-2 Gundogan should have come on to rotate the ball and gain control , but Pep just played the same way , love his attitude towards football but sometimes we need hold on to what we have.
This. We were out of control. Attack attack.
It was great but we have the players to control and we should use them in those situations.

I think Pep needs to improve how to use subs and how to deploy them.

Pep refused to sub tired Mahrez off in the last 2 CL knockout game and it really cost us. At his age it is so obvious that Mahrez could not play the full 90min of CL knockout game. If Real put Asensio and Ceballos on and they made their fair share of contribution, why cannot we use Grealish or Gundo as the fresh legs?

Mahrez was so tired in the 2nd half against Atletico and his repeated errors cost Walker. Walker's injury came from a bad ball control from Mahrez.

Mahrez/Foden were again very tired after 80min mark and if it was me I would sub Greash/Gundo on to keep the leg fresh around 75min. However Pep just sat still. Mahrez made a wierd pass and was intercepted by the opposite. Foden made a wired flick to show off his skill at the dangerous area and it resulted in the set piece which lead to the penalty. These are kind of errors you will made when you are so tired.

Pep really disappointed me.
Alan Ball would have liked this post

He got it right last night, my only criticism would be, at 3-1 Gundogan should have been on for Mahrez, give De Bruyne a free role and allow Jesus to double up with Fernandinho.

But as another poster has said, this season we’ve played Liverpool twice, United twice, Chelsea twice & Atleti off the park.

Set us up well but his old quote was making the rounds on twitter last night:

'If you want to be a top top team, you have to score the fucking goals.'

Set us up well but his old quote was making the rounds on twitter last night:

'If you want to be a top top team, you have to score the fucking goals.'

True, but scoring 4 in the first leg of a champions league game should be enough goals. Defending miles better and not giving away a stupid penalty was last nights problem.

This. We were out of control. Attack attack.
It was great but we have the players to control and we should use them in those situations.

I don't think we were out of control though. They scored pretty much every sniff they had and we looked after the ball pretty well against strong opposition. We were maintaining that two-goal cushion until we conceded a freak penalty

Our forwards have to take their chances and our defenders have to defend. I didn't see any problems with our midfielders looking after the ball that would have necessitated bringing Gündy on

Well, Liverpool are in the final.

Time to earn the big bucks Pep.

Any of Liverpool winning the league from 11 back, losing back to back Champions League finals to domestic rivals or Klopp winning the quadruple would all be pretty devastating to Guardiola's reputation.

The pressure is on like never before.

I agree, time to deliver big in CL. all our failures starting from Mancini failing in the group stages (Napoli then Ajax), then some shit draws and big mistakes under Pelle albeit one semifinals vs a much stronger Real, then Pep's underwhelming exits vs lot lessers teams like Monaco, Spurs,Lyon, and the Liverpool losses
only last season was a really great run under Pep in CL and also the first when we reached semis and got to final. but that final was so sad vs a Chelsea side that had been just taken over Tuchel months before and winning CL trophy vs Pep building this team for years and Tuchel got there with a bit of mentality boost and tactical tweaking after Lampard's tenure.

time to win our first CL, no excuses anymore. at our best even Real, Liverpool, Chelsea cannot match us. but we need to show it in a high pressure CL semi/final game too and finish them off in the those little periods inside the game where we are on top. we have not done that yesterday either vs Liverpool in first half or even that last chance for Mahrez vs Pool in 93rd min.

huge weeks ahead, PL last round is on 22nd of May, less than a month with 5 PL games left.

this still can go either way, us winning PL and CL and also to Liverpool winning CL and us fucking up the second leg vs Real Madrid and yesterday's missed chances will have so much more importance then.

it is really time to raise our game in these last few weeks.

Well, Liverpool are in the final.

Time to earn the big bucks Pep.

Any of Liverpool winning the league from 11 back, losing back to back Champions League finals to domestic rivals or Klopp winning the quadruple would all be pretty devastating to Guardiola's reputation.

The pressure is on like never before.

Was going to post similar.

This City team is better than any we will face,so these next few weeks are pivotal for Pep's reputation and future.

Winning the PL and CL is very achievable,at this stage anything less will be seen as failure by many.Only the squad being decimated by injury could be used as a genuine reason that derails us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.