Pep: 'The players deserve a full stadium, we need our fans!'

Was going to write English, somehow missed it.
Fair play to Spurs, 80+ thousand is a great attendance. Be interesting to see what the numbers are in the Europa tonight. Not even sure which teams are at home?
That said @tolmie's hairdoo said a couple of days ago that utd were closing the top tier of one stand for their home game against Feyenoord next week taking the attendance down to 50,000. Not sure if true or not.

I think this morning the amazing thing is that most media sources have reported this fairly accurately, referencing the fans distaste with UEFA. Sky Sports News also reported City as being magnificent with two pundits describing the first half against the rags as 'the best football they've EVER seen'
Maybe they now have to acknowledge us as we are simply irresistible and if all the bias is aimed at empty seats and booing then only the fans can change that. As Pep said, forget the past, support the team in Europe they need the stadium full and the fans behind them.
BTW congrats to all who there last night, you sounded awesome!

There's only so much money in people's pockets. And after years of CL disappointment, it's natural that fans prioritise the League games. In the real world, no matter how much you cajole people, they have to make decisions.

However we wont have problems attracting new fans to the ground playing football like that. The fans sitting next to me weren't City seasoncard holders, but they left beaming and I know they will be back. The football we are playing at the moment will put bums on seats

Rags, this is your last laugh/hurrah. Make the most of it. The shadow is looming large

Pep is starting to remind me a bit of klopp at the dippers where what ever happens the cameras zoom in on his reaction.
Great manager but a little bit too much its all about me ?

Pep is starting to remind me a bit of klopp at the dippers where what ever happens the cameras zoom in on his reaction.
Great manager but a little bit too much its all about me ?
What? For actually trying to keep the team on the front foot and telling his players what's expected? It's his first couple of months, he's still trying to get across his ways and that'll still need drilling into players throughout the 90 minutes.
I love his passion, I love his tactics and I love how every player is buying into what he's selling.

I think the City v BMG game was low down on City fans priorities given it fell right after the Derby. No one was thinking about it.

I wouldn't worry about our crowds when we are playing football like we are.

I was sat with strangers last night. I don't know where the seasoncard holders were. There can't be many left on the CL scheme after recent years of, to be honest, rubbish. last night was different. It's what I thought I might see of a City side in the Champions League. Those who missed out, missed the best night of European football for many years.

The seasoncard holders will not necessarily all be absent. I usually don't sit in my seasoncard seat for cup games, for example.

But it's fair to say imo, that although some can't make it for legitimite domestic/financial reasons or some have moral objections which they feel strongly about, there are a load of others who just can't be arsed. We all know that.

That's the bit where 'support' comes in imo. If those people who can't be arsed all want this level to continue, then start supporting it. We've seen mostly clueless shite amateur football in Europe under both Bob & Zomb, but now we are seeing the kind of football we have dreamed of. If the 'can't be arsed' crew don't start supporting this, then we really need some new fans.

There are a lot of non regulars & overseas fans at these games, you can tell that just by overhearing random conversations, so we would piss filling the stadium if more of the regulars turned up.

What? For actually trying to keep the team on the front foot and telling his players what's expected? It's his first couple of months, he's still trying to get across his ways and that'll still need drilling into players throughout the 90 minutes.
I love his passion, I love his tactics and I love how every player is buying into what he's selling.
Great manager but would sooner see more of the game than his theatrics. You just know the camera going to give a slo mo of him waving his arms about .
Think it gets a bit much on the telle but you tend not to watch it when at the game

Great manager but would sooner see more of the game than his theatrics. You just know the camera going to give a slo mo of him waving his arms about .
Think it gets a bit much on the telle but you tend not to watch it when at the game

Not theatrics, just who he is. Even as a player, he has always been like this talking with hands and animated

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.