Pep: 'The players deserve a full stadium, we need our fans!'

Ian Herbert - Journo. said "Tonight's attendance of 30,270 for Guardiola's first #mcfc CL game was poor. He's right to raise the point; was clearly intent on doing so"

What in your opinion were the main reasons for a low attendance.?
Am I wrong in thinking the attendance would have been 'over 40,000 on Tues.. night.?.
I think thousands of people would have 'shied' away from travelling - 2 nights running.
Or , was 30,270 the actual tickets sold for the fixture.

Edit :Just read this !.............
Postponement and no tickets on sale today are not a recipe for a full stadium.

Last edited:
He's not wrong. It's embarrassing if we are being honest about this.

However, the timing of it was poor. If there were ever any circumstances that gave reason for empty seats last night then this was it. A hastily rearranged fixture and UEFA not allowing further ticket sales on the day.

I would have been there last night had I been in a position to do so. Work commitments meant I couldn't do it on Tuesday and I'm sure many were in that same boat last night.

Generally speaking there is a clear issue within our fan base surrounding UEFA. It's why we boo the anthem and why many give the competition a swerve. I don't agree with it. We have made our point and we have beaten FFP. We have more than enough core support to reach 50k on champions league nights. The pricing is great and by far the cheapest in the UK.

Our own manager shouldn't be digging us out about this we should be attending.

We are playing some fucking amazing football.

Great manager but would sooner see more of the game than his theatrics. You just know the camera going to give a slo mo of him waving his arms about .
Think it gets a bit much on the telle but you tend not to watch it when at the game

That's the wanker is charge of tv, obsessed with personalities. It's nothing to do with Pep, at all, just shit tv coverage, & they all do it, all tv nowardays.

It makes me fucking piss. I want to watch football. They show the subs bench & Alex fucking Ferguson or some other twat in the crowd whilst the game is going on. It's like having someone stood up in front of you (which happens all the time with the pie stuffing cunts where I'm sat, coming in & out).

Great manager but would sooner see more of the game than his theatrics. You just know the camera going to give a slo mo of him waving his arms about .
Think it gets a bit much on the telle but you tend not to watch it when at the game

You see, I just don't understand this. We have waited a lifetime for a manager as good as Pep, and now he is here, transforming us already into a force to be reckoned with, you are moaning about his passion and his arms? Come on fella lighten up, imagine watching us 10 games in when we click! ;)

That's not Pep making it about himself, that's the sad sack producers in their studios. I doubt he's going to change his whole philosophy because the TV guys aren't doing their jobs.

Pep is starting to remind me a bit of klopp at the dippers where what ever happens the cameras zoom in on his reaction.
Great manager but a little bit too much its all about me ?

Not at all.

Klopp is far too good for the scouse twats.

Ian Herbert - Journo. said "Tonight's attendance of 30,270 for Guardiola's first #mcfc CL game was poor. He's right to raise the point; was clearly intent on doing so"

Am I wrong in thinking the attendance would have been 'over 40,000 on Tues.. night.?.
I think thousands of people would have 'shied' away from travelling - 2 nights running.

Would have been 40+. Sunderland or Newcastle with the same team & manager would get 50+.

You see, I just don't understand this. We have waited a lifetime for a manager as good as Pep, and now he is here, transforming us already into a force to be reckoned with, you are moaning about his passion and his arms? Come on fella lighten up, imagine watching us 10 games in when we click! ;)

giphy.gif

According to BT we were expecting around 43,000 on Tuesday a figure they must have got from city
If people that had but the 3 ticket deal weren't fussy about going they would have still been guaranteed Celtic and barca tickets at £40 each

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.