Pep: 'The players deserve a full stadium, we need our fans!'

Dear Pep,
You were not around in the 60's and 70' but then the Football League had a rule. No live matches and the BBC could only show highlights of one main match and one other. The Football League reasoned that if you show too much football on television no one would turn up at the games. The Premier League came along and sold it's soul to $ky and guess what. Football clubs cannot take millions of pounds from TV companies and then moan when fans find it is easier and cheaper to watch a match live in the comfort of their own home. Plus they can see every magnificent goal and controversial decision five times without gettng wet/cold/tired. They can also turn over to Bake Off at half time.

just pointing out that last nights prices were comparable to anything germany offer,
Yeah that's for a one off game, you fail to take into account the rest of the season that fans have to budget for along with financing travel to and from home games and away games if they choose to attend?

Fans will always prioritise league games over cup matches

He's not embarrassing the club, the reasons for booing the UEFA anthem have not changed one jot following Pep's intervention.

How do you know it is not an embarrasment. The club has UEFA officials as its guests and you can bet they are treating them very well. Anyway from where I sit the booing last night was nowhere near as pronounced as last year. Perhaps they turned the sound up on the anthem to help drown it out.

So you will continue to embarass your club, competing in a competition they, the manager and the players want to be competing in more than any other. That sounds a bit selfish.
Anyone that is embarrassed by a bit of booing needs to man up.

How do you know it is not an embarrasment. The club has UEFA officials as its guests and you can bet they are treating them very well. Anyway from where I sit the booing last night was nowhere near as pronounced as last year. Perhaps they turned the sound up on the anthem to help drown it out.

Well Hurrah, I presume I should be glad that that the club were treating Uefa officials very well. I take it these are the officials who turf City fans out of their normal seats so that they can sit their bloated fat arses on them. I presume they were drinking alcohol as well, it is just us minnions who are not alowed to isn't it.
Why are the club suddenly embarrassed by fans booing ? they were not last year, they openly supported our protest. I recall Vinny saying it was not a problem for the team. The shift seems money driven, perhaps we are becoming the type of club that we have so long despised.
I will boo the bent bastards of Uefa every single game and then get behind the team.

It was fizzling out until UEFA tried to charge us (again). Pep should try to stay out of the minds of fans, we boo when we want.

Anyone that is embarrassed by a bit of booing needs to man up.

I didn't say I was embarrased. I was saying that the club could be when entertaining UEFA officials. The club want to be in this place. Obviously a lot of fans are not that bothered.

Dear Pep,
You were not around in the 60's and 70' but then the Football League had a rule. No live matches and the BBC could only show highlights of one main match and one other. The Football League reasoned that if you show too much football on television no one would turn up at the games. The Premier League came along and sold it's soul to $ky and guess what. Football clubs cannot take millions of pounds from TV companies and then moan when fans find it is easier and cheaper to watch a match live in the comfort of their own home. Plus they can see every magnificent goal and controversial decision five times without gettng wet/cold/tired. They can also turn over to Bake Off at half time.

That's basically it. Also you could turn up 10 minutes before kickoff with all your mates and pay a quid on the door to stand together.

And throughout that Sky takeover process legions of armchair glory hunters attached themselves to clubs they had nothing to do with, for the TV (and now Internet) canned glory. Many of these glory hunters will attend a game or two a season, which fills in the gaps at Old Trafford, anfield and The Emirates for cup games. We haven't attracted as many of those plastic fans as those three clubs yet. But we will, if Pep carries on like this.

It isn't about bollocking individual fans for not going, it's about understanding that until our fanbase further broadens there will be less demand for midweek and early round cup games.

Just got round to watching the full press conference.. Initially did think he is harsh on the fans... But you can't really disagree with what he has said

Also we haven't attracted new fans ( glory hunters if you will) as much as maybe the hierarchy may have wanted since the take over.. Fact is commercially / financially they do make a difference. But with pep and the style of football it will change

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.