Pep: 'The players deserve a full stadium, we need our fans!'

I didn't say I was embarrased. I was saying that the club could be when entertaining UEFA officials. The club want to be in this place. Obviously a lot of fans are not that bothered.

If someone at the club is embarrassed they need to man up too. Or maybe use it as an opportunity to tell those UEFA officials exactly why our supporters don't think too much of the job they're doing.

How do you know it is not an embarrasment. The club has UEFA officials as its guests and you can bet they are treating them very well. Anyway from where I sit the booing last night was nowhere near as pronounced as last year. Perhaps they turned the sound up on the anthem to help drown it out.

So you're saying the booing is upsetting a few UEFA officials being wined and dined by the club?

Isn't that one of the things it's supposed to do?

Dear Pep,
You were not around in the 60's and 70' but then the Football League had a rule. No live matches and the BBC could only show highlights of one main match and one other. The Football League reasoned that if you show too much football on television no one would turn up at the games. The Premier League came along and sold it's soul to $ky and guess what. Football clubs cannot take millions of pounds from TV companies and then moan when fans find it is easier and cheaper to watch a match live in the comfort of their own home. Plus they can see every magnificent goal and controversial decision five times without gettng wet/cold/tired. They can also turn over to Bake Off at half time.

Jesus....this is getting ridiculous now.

I'd say that at least 80% of our match day crowd come from Greater Manchester or its immediate surrounds. Of the other 20% I'd say half are exiled from the area. My sister has a box at old Trafford and I occasionally attend and its immediately noticeable that there are miles fewer "locals". Theirs is more like 50% and from what she says, significantly less at away matches.

i agree. i know its not the best thing to go off, but listen to the accents of our fans on youtube videos like bmrtv, lots more local accents. then watch united fans videos. even just walking round the ground and hearing manchester/ surrounding areas accent.

Just got round to watching the full press conference.. Initially did think he is harsh on the fans... But you can't really disagree with what he has said

Also we haven't attracted new fans ( glory hunters if you will) as much as maybe the hierarchy may have wanted since the take over.. Fact is commercially / financially they do make a difference. But with pep and the style of football it will change

It's not just the style of Premier League football that Pep has to understand, he's not surrounded by passionate Catalans or regimented Bundesliga fans. You're in England mate, we boo when we like.

Like I'm bored whole 'everyone is out to get us' mentality.
This. Everyone is so paranoid and defensive. He wasn't having a dig at fans, it's an appeal to get behind the team for CL as much as we do for PL. Regardless people will just play the victim and be outraged about anything that isn't 100% positive.

Decided to give these comments a thread of its own because it's the first time during the recent successful period which I can remember our own manager asking for more from the fans.

He also made reference to us turning out for the PL but not the Champions league and needing us there.

Lastly mentioned he wants us to forget booing the CL anthem, let the past go and move on.

He really is involved in everything that happens at the club. Given the circumstances of how the game ended up being played tonight, I doubt it was tonight in particular he's referring to but more in the general sense.

What do we think?
he's flogging a dead horse. our fans are fickle as fuck, and there is no chance i'll stop booing.

We have not grown our fan base since the takeover because of the media agenda.......some would say ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.