Pep: 'The players deserve a full stadium, we need our fans!'

Respectfully disagree. Here's been here 5 minutes, as you say, and I'll eat my hat if he's still here in 5 years' time. You, me and many on this forum alone will still be going, just as we were going long before him. Pep is not the messiah.

All of that is true. But our "protest" doesn't exist in a vacuum. It will effect players and the manager if it goes on on match days. In that respect it's not really about him being the messiah. It's about him wanting to create something on match days. Full stadium , strong vocal support etc. Our fight with UEFA should never compromise the team. Now I'm not saying it has done or will. But at the same time it's not an excuse you want to give the players and management. If ANY manager asks matchday supporters to do something it's hard to justify simply ignoring them.

Honestly thought we finally had a manager who everyone could embrace and for the first time since the takeover the supporters would be in unison.
Should have known better really.

I'm pretty sure everyone is hugely impressed with the fantastic job he is doing, we just don't fawn over people, we are grumpy old gits.

You're really upset that not everyone agrees with you? Blimey! I've not seen that reaction since the great Slade versus T Rex debate of the early 70's
I'm not upset in the slightest. Just a bit surprised. Why on earth would you not embrace the new manager, especially after being served up some of the turgid football we did over the last two years?

I'm pretty sure everyone is hugely impressed with the fantastic job he is doing, we just don't fawn over people, we are grumpy old gits.
He was the best manager in the world before he came here and his continuing to show why that is now he's arrived. Fawning and admiring/respecting are two different things.

Pep is a great manager and he's got us playing fantastic football but he'll be gone in three years and he'll take his restless intellect elsewhere for another challenge. Yes he's a brilliant tactician and it's going to be wonderful while he's here, but this isn't the bloody second coming! He's just passing through just as he did at Barcelona and Munich and when he's gone we'll still be here.

We are all delighted to have him but you are right he is just passing through, let's leave all the 'second coming' nonsence to the more emotional hysterical fanbases.

Exactly, the protest by City fans does get noticed by fans of other clubs, and a anti corruption stance by a high profile club is something we should be proud of, rather than sneering at those who have taken a principled stance.

I don't see any sneering if I'm honest. Seems a good robust discussion but pretty respectful.

All of that is true. But our "protest" doesn't exist in a vacuum. It will effect players and the manager if it goes on on match days. In that respect it's not really about him being the messiah. It's about him wanting to create something on match days. Full stadium , strong vocal support etc. Our fight with UEFA should never compromise the team. Now I'm not saying it has done or will. But at the same time it's not an excuse you want to give the players and management. If ANY manager asks matchday supporters to do something it's hard to justify simply ignoring them.

"Your job now, is to stand by your new manager." - Sir Alex Ferguson

I think you'll find it's dead easy.

We are all delighted to have him but you are right he is just passing through, let's leave all the 'second coming' nonsence to the more emotional hysterical fanbases.
Again, I think you're getting mixed up.

I think you'll find that you're lurching very close to granting Pep divine right, he's good, but he's not perfect, when he talked about the empty stadium and the booing he simply did not know what he was talking about.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.