Pep: 'The players deserve a full stadium, we need our fans!'

He knows exactly what he's talking about.

The booing is a demonstration against UEFA not the fans backing City. If the main concern at the start of the game, is people protesting about the governing body rather than backing the team, it's a negative attitude, not a positive one.

He wants positive, not negative. He wants to attract people to the games, to support the team, not give them a good reason to stay away. He wants to win the competition.

Why can't all of us support City during the anthem & drown it out that way, rather than booing it ?

Or is it now a demonstration against Pep & the club ?

Because we're protesting against UEFA, not just ignoring it by drowning it out with City chants.

Because we're protesting against UEFA, not just ignoring it by drowning it out with City chants.

Well that's absolutely pathetic imo.

And I'm someone who has booed it every time.

If people can't even give that much concession to Pep & the club, to drown out their anthem by supporting our team, I think it's as big a part of a problem for the club going forward as UEFA are.

Pep is a singularly focused individual, which is great, the problem with focus is you sometimes miss the bigger picture.
The thing is, I was on his case most of yesterday because I thought he was out of order for his comments. On actually listening to the press conference last night he didn't actually say anything that outlandish. A Scouse reporter brought it up when asking his one question (which just about sums up the press over here) and Pep answered on the spot. He was fairly calm about it and apart from not mentioning the postponement severely affecting the attendance he probably did as well as he could under the circumstances.

Honestly thought we finally had a manager who everyone could embrace and for the first time since the takeover the supporters would be in unison.
Should have known better really.
Spot on. No wonder they don't turn up for Champion league games. Stuck in their own misery springs to mind hehe.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

He knows exactly what he's talking about.

The booing is a demonstration against UEFA not the fans backing City. If the main concern at the start of the game, is people protesting about the governing body rather than backing the team, it's a negative attitude, not a positive one.

He wants positive, not negative. He wants to attract people to the games, to support the team, not give them a good reason to stay away. He wants to win the competition.

Why can't all of us support City during the anthem & drown it out that way, rather than booing it ?

Or is it now a demonstration against Pep & the club ?

That's an excellent point.

In addition to everything else that has been said the fact that Pep has publicly asked us to stop changes the situation whether we like it or not. If it continues it equally looks like we are booing Pep and City. There really is no point anymore, it's not giving in its knowing when the protest has lost its effectiveness. Protest another way but booing is done now.

Pep is a singularly focused individual, which is great, the problem with focus is you sometimes miss the bigger picture.

I see what you are saying but I don't think he is unaware of the bigger picture he just realises it isn't achieving anything anymore so we should move on together.

That's an excellent point.

In addition to everything else that has been said the fact that Pep has publicly asked us to stop changes the situation whether we like it or not. If it continues it equally looks like we are booing Pep and City. There really is no point anymore, it's not giving in its knowing when the protest has lost its effectiveness. Protest another way but booing is done now.

Everyone drowning it out by shouting City, or singing Blue Moon etc is great for the team & all the fans can get together on it.

Instead, there could be a small number of people booing it, drowned out by the music, because most of the rest have stopped.

If we all get together on supporting the club, it will be louder than the booing & nobody will hear the anthem at all.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.