Pep: 'The players deserve a full stadium, we need our fans!'

I hope you are right but the latest I heard was this: https://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jul/22/eu-supreme-court-rejects-ffp-challenge-uefa

Are you saying this is wrong or outdated or both? I would be very happy to be wrong.
Neither really. EU law is simple but complicated in equal terms. Essentially what the EU have said is the Belgian courts have made a ruling based on European law and passed it to the Supreme court for a ruling. The ECJ couldn't rule on it because they needed to see the case in whole with both sides of the argument being presented when apparently all that was presented was a summary of the Belgian Court's conclusions which was the 'technicality' UEFA claimed as a victory.

As far as I'm aware no ruling has been made, but UEFA have 'evolved' FFP in the interim thus moving the goal posts with this 'technicality' in mind. Fundamentally FFP still breaches European Competition Law.

We

We had to deal with shit on our own and so other clubs will have to deal with it themselves. There is no way we could end this tomorrow. Never.

UEFA can't do us any harm anymore, we are too big.
I didn't mean just Manchester City fans, I meant all fans. Football is all about money, if we all stopped our Sky & BT subscriptions and refused to attend any games until the corrupt fuckers were thrown out, how long do you think our collective protests would last before action was taken to correct all the wrongs in the game.

Trust me, a collective protest wouldn't even last a month before the loss of revenue began to bite.

So why don't we drown out the anthem with 'Blue Moon' as some have suggested ?

Then it's supporting the team & dissing UEFA at the same time.

Maybe it will happen one day but for now, I don't see an end to the booing and whilst I don't think it's right any longer, despite sharing the loathing of UEFA as an organization, I completely understand why it happens and respect the right of those to do it.

Neither really. EU law is simple but complicated in equal terms. Essentially what the EU have said is the Belgian courts have made a ruling based on European law and passed it to the Supreme court for a ruling. The ECJ couldn't rule on it because they needed to see the case in whole with both sides of the argument being presented when apparently all that was presented was a summary of the Belgian Court's conclusions which was the 'technicality' UEFA claimed as a victory.

As far as I'm aware no ruling has been made, but UEFA have 'evolved' FFP in the interim thus moving the goal posts with this 'technicality' in mind. Fundamentally FFP still breaches European Competition Law.

Yes but my point was that the current case as it stood was not leading to the impending defeat of FFP. I can't see anything that is on-going today. That is not to say that it couldn't be defeated in the future.

Maybe it will happen one day but for now, I don't see an end to the booing and whilst I don't think it's right any longer, despite sharing the loathing of UEFA as an organization, I completely understand why it happens and respect the right of those to do it.

I think it's already on its way out.

I think the booing is almost gone. Nobody at all was doing it near me on Wed. Just me.

That was before this. If we don't get together & shout support over the anthem, then it will die a death during the course of the season if Wed is anything to go by.

I've got an enormous amount of repect for Guardiola. He's by far the best manager in the world, the most influential coach of his generation, one of the best in history. I'm so happy to have him as our manager.

But, with respect, he probably shouldn't be telling our fans what they should boo and what they shouldn't.

He's come from Barcelona and Bayern, two of the G-14 / ECA clubs who are running European football and inventing self serving rules that penalise City. When I boo, it's because of the corruption at UEFA and the ECA.

He's spent his entire career on the other side of that fence. I'm not suggesting for a moment he agrees with it or that he even knows about the politics involved, but it's probably a shock for him to come from establishment clubs to one on the outside.

My personal view is that I despise UEFA, ECA, Gill and all of them bent self-serving pricks. But I love City and I love European football. I want City to be the best team in Europe (and all the land and all the world) I'd love us to win the CL.

So the Champions League creates a bit of a quandry. I love the competition but hate what it represents. In an ideal world I would want the stadium packed to the rafters, full of passionately, dyed in the wool City fans. I'd love every single person to boo the UEFA anthem with gusto and really hammer it home until there is real reform there. Then the moment the anthem stops, I'd want the whole crowd to be passionately behind the team, willing them on to go all the way.

I don't believe for one minute if that happened that booing the anthem would negatively affect the players. Far from it. We're booing because we love the club and we stand up for it and don't want it to have the piss taken out of it by a load of suits in Switzerland. The players represent that club we are standing up for, so essentially we are standing up for them as well. The players should be proud of that.

I think the problem with European attendances is because of apathy. People just aren't arsed about the competition. I really wish that would stop and people got on board. This may be our best chance ever to become recognised as the best team in the world. What a story it would be, from 3rd division to European Champions in 20 years!

We've put up with all of the shit, now it's time to help push the team over the line to get to the very top and enjoy the success.

So my take on it is everone should come, in their thousands, let's boo the anthem to hammer home the message we won't stand for corruption, but then let's get right behind the team and let's go and win the thing. Imagine how much that would piss off Gill and the rest of them!

Everyone agrees with you on this its just that booing the anthem has run its course and we need to adapt to both supporting City and not letting UEFAs dealings go unnoticed though Martin Samuel is doing an excellent job of bringing this to light
Each to their own mate, me & @hgblue will continue the fight until we get justice!! :-)

As such I will continue to BOO until my bloodshot eyes bulge and I bust a blood vessel...... You may have noticed previously that I react adversely to bullies & I'll always seek to protect the weak and innocent even if they can't help protect themselves.....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.