Pepe

Status
Not open for further replies.
simon23 said:
This guy is psychotic. He makes Joey Barton look like an angel!!!!

A complete liability......

Bellamy was a bit wild, as was Barton (another lvl above) but this guy is a whole different class of unreliable and dangerous.......more unpredictable than Mario.

Opponents would target him to wind him up and we would constantly be down to 10 men..

A definite no from me

Staggering ignorance

As mentioned his disciplinary record over the last 24 months has been superb and also would decrease in the prem should he join

As for joey barton?? you mean the thug who's done bird> committed countless assaults on and off the field? but this guy is "another level" and "unreliable and dangerous", staggering, just staggering!!!

Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
simon23 said:
This guy is psychotic. He makes Joey Barton look like an angel!!!!

A complete liability......

Bellamy was a bit wild, as was Barton (another lvl above) but this guy is a whole different class of unreliable and dangerous.......more unpredictable than Mario.

Opponents would target him to wind him up and we would constantly be down to 10 men..

A definite no from me

Staggering ignorance

As mentioned his disciplinary record over the last 24 months has been superb and also would decrease in the prem should he join

As for joey barton?? you mean the thug who's done bird> committed countless assaults on and off the field? but this guy is "another level" and "unreliable and dangerous", staggering, just staggering!!!

Precisely. Pepe may well come across as a bit of a prick but does it really matter? If I were part of the transfer committee at City and we were looking for a centre-half I wouldn't be looking for a top bloke who I'd go for a pint with, I'd look for someone who is going to help stop the opposition from scoring goals. Pepe does this very very well, he has got vast international and Champions League experience and has been an important player for numerous top managers over the years. His disciplinary record over the last couple of years is nothing alarming given he's a physical centre-half (and playing in Spain, where you get booked for fuck all).

Put it this way. We're against Bayern in the Champions League semi-final. Vinnie does his calf in the warm-up. Who partners Nastasic? Richards, Garcia, Rodwell, Rekik, or Pepe?

Exactly. Sign the prick up.

Bryski said:
Hi All
I was just looking for clips of him on youtube and found this, don't know if its already been posted, it is an old clip, but is this his character?. I know its good to have some bite, but this could be a little over the top:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FI0fPq3UgeI" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FI0fPq3UgeI</a>

We need him like a hole in the head. Another lunatic we can do without. He is dangerous and why anyone would think he is worth £20m at 30 is beyond me.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
I don't like Pepe, it's a rag signing.

Although he made a couple of mistakes towards the end of last season I'd rather have Hummels or someone else talented who isn't an arsehole.

All top teams need an arsehole or two, gives a massive psychological edge on the field!!!!

Not convinced, besides I think Chelsea would want a new CB so wouldn't he go with Jose?

JoeMercer'sWay said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
I don't like Pepe, it's a rag signing.

Although he made a couple of mistakes towards the end of last season I'd rather have Hummels or someone else talented who isn't an arsehole.

All top teams need an arsehole or two, gives a massive psychological edge on the field!!!!

Not convinced, besides I think Chelsea would want a new CB so wouldn't he go with Jose?
I don't think they have got on very well since Pepe criticised Mourinho's treatment of Casillas.

becomingparanoid said:
Bryski said:
Hi All
I was just looking for clips of him on youtube and found this, don't know if its already been posted, it is an old clip, but is this his character?. I know its good to have some bite, but this could be a little over the top:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FI0fPq3UgeI" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FI0fPq3UgeI</a>

We need him like a hole in the head. Another lunatic we can do without. He is dangerous and why anyone would think he is worth £20m at 30 is beyond me.

It will not be £20M - this is the Madrid sponsored media saying this, makes madrid seem better in their transfer dealings - where have you seen anyone at City say £20M?

Joehannes said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:

I don't think they have got on very well since Pepe criticised Mourinho's treatment of Casillas.

Fair enough, don't want a cliquey guy turning up though, if he's going to slam managers for picking who he feels will play for him then we're going to have issues in 2/3 years time, imagine the fuss if he reacts badly to Nastasic replacing him or something like that.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
Joehannes said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:

Fair enough, don't want a cliquey guy turning up though, if he's going to slam managers for picking who he feels will play for him then we're going to have issues in 2/3 years time, imagine the fuss if he reacts badly to Nastasic replacing him or something like that.

Funny you should suggest that scenario as Varane replacing him at Madrid may be why he's leaving.

In form Pepe is best overall defender on the World. There's no defender that is good as him in all aspects of football game. He has everything - no bullshit defender, good in air, fantastic game reader, good tehnician, not slow, very good passing, aggression and team spirit...

Would City got that from him at this moment of his career I don't know, he had bit slower season with some injuries but if it would, it would be an epic signing. But with Kompany pretty injury prone recently and for right price it's no brain signing. Huge improvement over Lescott and Kolo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.