Pepe

Status
Not open for further replies.
zeven said:
Petetheblu said:
The press would love this guy at city......

But I wouldn't, and I'd doubt he fits in with the Abu Dhabi hollistic approach. Although I like a bit of a nutter, but this guys off the scale.
With hollistic approach the owners mean philosphy and specific way to work through the ranks and all levels of the club. not individuel players style and questionable reputation

Well what you're saying is correct but holistic means "whole" and I was getting at his negativity he'd bring. I'm sure thats the last thing we are after, wasn't that part of why we got shut of Mario? Is he really worth the risk.

Joehannes said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
All top teams need an arsehole or two, gives a massive psychological edge on the field!!!!

Not convinced, besides I think Chelsea would want a new CB so wouldn't he go with Jose?
I don't think they have got on very well since Pepe criticised Mourinho's treatment of Casillas.

That another reason right there, slagging a manager off thats one of the most successful manager of the modern era. Does he really fit what we are currently looking for for a city player.

Is there no one else available?

Pepe would be a great signing, I like the idea of a player who sticks up for team mates. Mourinho is an arrogant horrible twat. That's why he didn't get the rags job. He has already had a dig at Pelligrini, by saying ' if I got the sack from Madrid I would not end up at Malaga'. Get Pepe and let's stick it up mourinho.

jimmy blue shoes said:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTXxsMfykU8[/youtube]

A more positive clip. Quality defender!

What use is a quality defender if he spends a third of the season sitting in the stands? You know what will happen - Pepe's reputation will go before him and the refs will treat him the same way they treated Mario, first foul and it's a yellow card, none of this allowing 3 or 4 fouls like Scott Parker or Charlie Adam regularly get away with.

lancs blue said:
jimmy blue shoes said:

What use is a quality defender if he spends a third of the season sitting in the stands? You know what will happen - Pepe's reputation will go before him and the refs will treat him the same way they treated Mario, first foul and it's a yellow card, none of this allowing 3 or 4 fouls like Scott Parker or Charlie Adam regularly get away with.

Here's a surprise. I've checked out his record on soccerway.com, and in his six seasons at Real, in La Liga, he has made 133 starts plus 5 sub appearance, earning 37 yellows and ... ONLY 3 SENDINGS OFF through double yellow offences. He has NEVER had a straight red card sending off in this time! I admit to not checking up on his record in other competitions due to lack of available time, but from what I see here, his record is as good as anyone.

I'm no cynic said:
lancs blue said:
jimmy blue shoes said:

Here's a surprise. I've checked out his record on soccerway.com, and in his six seasons at Real, in La Liga, he has made 133 starts plus 5 sub appearance, earning 37 yellows and ... ONLY 3 SENDINGS OFF through double yellow offences. He has NEVER had a straight red card sending off in this time! I admit to not checking up on his record in other competitions due to lack of available time, but from what I see here, his record is as good as anyone.

That can't be right, he gets sent off every game doesn't he?

I'm no cynic said:
lancs blue said:
jimmy blue shoes said:

This wasn't a league game?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRTpyOh_00Q[/youtube]

Got a 10 game ban for this btw.

conormcfc said:
I'm no cynic said:
lancs blue said:

This wasn't a league game?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRTpyOh_00Q[/youtube]

Got a 10 game ban for this btw.

Don't even bother. They're all going to skip over your post and act like they didn't see it.
Or someone's going to say "its ok, he's the world's best defender" or, "we need a bit of a bully in our defense, so it's all, well, bully. But you'll find that none of them have actually watched Pepe in depth, so they'll never ever be able to know about the offenses he actually got away with because of Real's influence. All they'll do is throw stats at you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.