Pepe

Status
Not open for further replies.
MCFC-alan88 said:
Neville Kneville said:
MCFC-alan88 said:
How is stamping on someones hand "exactly what we're missing"?

He's just written about 100 fucking words detailing a perfectly good argument why we could use Pepe, & that's the best reply you can think of, to pick out one line ?

I don't need to think of a "better" reply, his talent has never been in doubt, I even agree that he'd be a good signing, I just don't like the snide bastard, I've seen him do too much backhanded dirty shit.

he was definitely one of the blokes battering those kids at the bus stop on you tube, as well!!

both Vinny and Nasty are too nice at present.

You only have to look at the great Italian defenders down the years to appreciate that with experience, comes every trick in the book.

I don't like the sound of the fee one bit, £15m would be much more realistic.

However, in Europe, we need a little more steel. Pepe is another player going in to a World Cup year who would be extremely motivated.

He ticks all the Lescott boxes but with the ability to play with the ball at his feet.

raininspain said:
Let's get something straight about Pepe.

I've been living over here in Spain for over two decades and have had the chance to see him play on many occasions.

He is an extremely gifted footballer and can play either in the centre of defence or in midfield. He is really comfortable on the ball and is not the sort of player who hoofs it up the pitch or panics (like our Joleon).

Having said that, he can be a nasty piece of work at times. He loses his rag (no pun intended!) all too easily, especially when Barcelona are the opponents.

All in all, though, his good points outweigh his bad points. He would bring a wealth of experience to the defence. Kompany and Pepe at the back would be a great pairing, and we'd have young Nastasic (plus another signing?) available for cover.

Bring him over, Txiki.

Can you pass on your knowledge on Negredo

tolmie's hairdoo said:

You only have to look at the great Italian defenders down the years to appreciate that with experience, comes every trick in the book.

However, in Europe, we need a little more steel. Pepe is another player going in to a World Cup year who would be extremely motivated.

He ticks all the Lescott boxes but with the ability to play with the ball at his feet.

Andy Morrison was a nasty piece of work but he was exactly right man at the right time.

I can see the need for a player in this role.
However, if it means Najita Nastasic dropping to the bench then a big, big no from me. IMHO Nastasic was the best central defender in the premiership last season.
£20m for a 30 year old defender was definitely far too much. £15m is better. But the question is: Is he happy to be 2nd choice to Nastasic?

tolmie's hairdoo said:

Are we in for him?

Kun Aguero said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

Are we in for him?

Don't know pal. Not one I have info on outside of the current Spanish speculation.

The fee will be the stumbling block here. I agree that Pepe is a very good defender with vast experience that would be beneficial to our squad.

I do not know much about his lifestyle etc, but he seems to be in great condition for a 30 year old and maybe we could get at least 3 maybe 4 more years out of him ?

I don't think though that we would pay the reported £24m

tolmie's hairdoo said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

Andy Morrison was a nasty piece of work but he was exactly right man at the right time.

Too true, TH.

You always need a bit of a 'thug' in your team. Nigel de Jong did it for us for a couple of seasons, but since he went we've got softies like Javi García.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

Fantastic example. Been saying for ages that our team lacks street smarts and Pepe is exactly the type of player who would bring it in spades. Really hope we bring him in. Nastasic will be absolutely fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.