Pepe

Status
Not open for further replies.
tolmie's hairdoo said:
both Vinny and Nasty are too nice at present.

You only have to look at the great Italian defenders down the years to appreciate that with experience, comes every trick in the book.

I don't like the sound of the fee one bit, £15m would be much more realistic.

However, in Europe, we need a little more steel. Pepe is another player going in to a World Cup year who would be extremely motivated.

He ticks all the Lescott boxes but with the ability to play with the ball at his feet.

Nasty, yes. Vinnie too nice? No chance tolmie

I don't think Pepe would be a bad signing at all, though I think £15 mill is still probably a touch too much. Anywhere around £20 million is ridiculous

toffee balls said:
raininspain said:
Let's get something straight about Pepe.

I've been living over here in Spain for over two decades and have had the chance to see him play on many occasions.

He is an extremely gifted footballer and can play either in the centre of defence or in midfield. He is really comfortable on the ball and is not the sort of player who hoofs it up the pitch or panics (like our Joleon).

Having said that, he can be a nasty piece of work at times. He loses his rag (no pun intended!) all too easily, especially when Barcelona are the opponents.

All in all, though, his good points outweigh his bad points. He would bring a wealth of experience to the defence. Kompany and Pepe at the back would be a great pairing, and we'd have young Nastasic (plus another signing?) available for cover.

Bring him over, Txiki.

Can you pass on your knowledge on Negredo

A born goalscorer. I remember when he played for Real Madrid's B team, Castilla, and he scored loads of goals in the Second Division. He couldn't quite make it in Madrid's first team and went off to Almería, where he scored over 30 goals in two seasons. From there to Sevilla, where he's 'only' managed to notch 86 goals in 4 seasons in La Liga.

Another one I'd have without hesitation. Supply him with crosses and he'll bag a load of goals. But there again, so would Edin Dzeko if we played to his strenghts.

The Fat el Hombre said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
both Vinny and Nasty are too nice at present.

You only have to look at the great Italian defenders down the years to appreciate that with experience, comes every trick in the book.

I don't like the sound of the fee one bit, £15m would be much more realistic.

However, in Europe, we need a little more steel. Pepe is another player going in to a World Cup year who would be extremely motivated.

He ticks all the Lescott boxes but with the ability to play with the ball at his feet.

Nasty, yes. Vinnie too nice? No chance tolmie

I don't think Pepe would be a bad signing at all, though I think £15 mill is still probably a touch too much. Anywhere around £20 million is ridiculous

Vinny isn't cynical in what he does, it's still all about making the perfect tackle with our fantastic skipper.

It catches him out sometimes, as we have seen with his red cards, but in Europe, he has been found lacking.

Can't wait to see him at his peak in a couple of years, when some of the finesse is replaced by street smarts.

barcajaden said:
city are actually interested in that nut case

city never fail to amaze me

Could a mod please have a word with this WUM who does nothing but take cheap shots at the club?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.