Pepe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pepe

sam-caddick said:
For €20m, why are we not going for Chiellini?

What we will probaby end up paying for Pepe won't be too short of that.
There isn't that much between them in terms of age.

Pepe is, in my opinion, a better defender and more complete player while also being much more suited to the right side of central defence.

I'd much rather have Pepe than Chiellini and wouldn't expect us to be paying that much for Pepe despite reports.

sam-caddick said:

If Mancini was still at the club then Chiellini would be high on our shortlist imho.

Joehannes said:
sam-caddick said:

Pepe is, in my opinion, a better defender and more complete player while also being much more suited to the right side of central defence.

I'd much rather have Pepe than Chiellini and wouldn't expect us to be paying that much for Pepe despite reports.

Pepe is a left sided defender isn't? He would play on the left next to Kompany who is on the right??

Ray78 said:
sam-caddick said:

If Mancini was still at the club then Chiellini would be high on our shortlist imho.

If Mancini was still at the club we might be needing more than one centrehalf..........

sam-caddick said:
Joehannes said:
sam-caddick said:

Pepe is a left sided defender isn't? He would play on the left next to Kompany who is on the right??

correct. ;)

Andouble said:
so Real's plan is to replace their 3rd choice CB with a CB that will be 3rd choice and more expensive?
I suppose they might also being letting Coentrao go, so a centre-back that can cover for Marcelo on the left would be useful. Replace 2 players with 1.

sam-caddick said:
Joehannes said:
sam-caddick said:

I've seen him start on both sides of the defence but is right footed thus would be more suited to playing on the right side of defence whenever Kompany is suspended/injured/in need of a rest than one of Nastasic, Lescott or Chiellini who are all left footed.

FantasyIreland said:
Ray78 said:
sam-caddick said:

If Mancini was still at the club we might be needing more than one centrehalf..........

Hypothetically speaking.

Joehannes said:
sam-caddick said:
Joehannes said:

I've seen him start on both sides of the defence but is right footed thus would be more suited to playing on the right side of defence whenever Kompany is suspended/injured/in need of a rest than one of Nastasic, Lescott or Chiellini who are all left footed.

Being right or left footed doesn't dictate them playing RCD or LCD.

pee dubya said:
[
I suppose they might also being letting Coentrao go, so a centre-back that can cover for Marcelo on the left would be useful. Replace 2 players with 1.

true. Speaking of 2 players with 1, if we were to draw a Bayern or Barca in the CL, I'd probably use Pepe in a DM role with Kompany and Nastasic as the CBs. Never seen Pepe have a bad game in midfield, actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.