Pepe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pepe

SWP's back said:
Dribble said:
The Doctor said:
Sorry but I just don't get this.......................We seem to be chasing a £20m 30yr old Centre Back as cover yet we allowed a premier league proven 30yr old centre back Kolo Toure to leave for free!...................................BONKERS!
^^^This^^^

I spoke to a Dipper yesterday and told him that they were very lucky because they signed Kolo on a free. He was saying that he's performed brilliantly in their pre-season, but most Dipper fans were skeptical because they thought they'd signed a dud on the decline.

I told him that Toure may be past his peak, but he's still Champions League class in my book. He did fuck all wrong from what I could see and it makes no sense letting one 30 year old go for free, only to buy another one for between £20-£30m.

This is no sleight on Pepe, but I just don't understand the logic. Having said that, as it stands Pepe signing would be a blessed relief.
Again stop focussing on age and in stead focus on ability.

Good point. But as I pointed out earlier they have got his age wrong by two years.

Pepe will be a fantastic addition, the final piece of the jigsaw if you like, if we manage to get him. At the moment, I am a bit on the pessimistic side as it seems that he is highly valued by Ancelotti who actually made him captain during the pre- season. Together with Varane injury concerns and their lack of interest in reinforcing their defense, I think it will be a difficult deal to pull of.

Nevertheless, the fact that Txiki is reported to be in Madrid may indicate that there is a possibility so lets wait and see.

Looks like we are set for our next transfer saga! :D Pepe and Coentrao would make this window awesome and give us one of the best defenses in Europe.

Please be true, Pepe and Coentrao additions could lift the team to another level imo.

Dribble said:
The Doctor said:
Sorry but I just don't get this.......................We seem to be chasing a £20m 30yr old Centre Back as cover yet we allowed a premier league proven 30yr old centre back Kolo Toure to leave for free!...................................BONKERS!
^^^This^^^

I spoke to a Dipper yesterday and told him that they were very lucky because they signed Kolo on a free. He was saying that he's performed brilliantly in their pre-season, but most Dipper fans were skeptical because they thought they'd signed a dud on the decline.

I told him that Toure may be past his peak, but he's still Champions League class in my book. He did fuck all wrong from what I could see and it makes no sense letting one 30 year old go for free, only to buy another one for between £20-£30m.

This is no sleight on Pepe, but I just don't understand the logic. Having said that, as it stands Pepe signing would be a blessed relief.

They didn't let Kolo go. He wanted to leave. He wants to start. He doesn't want to sit on the bench. At Liverpool he'll get games. That being said Pepe is an upgrade over Kolo anyway.

BibbyBlue85 said:
The Doctor said:

If you think Kolo Toure is anywhere near Pepe's class then you're BONKERS

King-pin of Real Madrid's central defence for the last 6 years, but "not good enough for us"!!

Rocket-footed kolarov said:
SWP's back said:
Dribble said:
^^^This^^^

Again stop focussing on age and in stead focus on ability.

Good point. But as I pointed out earlier they have got his age wrong by two years.
30, 31, 32........ Age aint nothing but a number, if Kolo's good enough, he's old enough!

Now enough of this ageism youngan! :-)

I cant understand why contraeu would leave being 2nd choice at madrid to be 2nd choice at us! Hope we get pepe tho would make our squad complete

uwe rosler 28 said:
I cant understand why contraeu would leave being 2nd choice at madrid to be 2nd choice at us! Hope we get pepe tho would make our squad complete

We aren't even linked with Coentrao, it's more wishful thinking I believe unless Txiki brings him up while over there. Spanish press says we're still really pushing for Pepe, but Real Madrid would have to find a replacement in 4 days which makes it very complicated (maybe they could sign United target Garay, who they have a 50% sell-on clause on, so they'd get him for half price).

I'm surprised we're not hearing more about Godin as an alternative, he was fantastic last season and Atletico are a selling club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.