Pep's contract situation

He doesn't "seem to be" referring to a long term structure, he's positively emphasising the fact. I don't understand why anybody else is reading anything different into it.

The facts are we've been pretty much the top team for the past decade, with three different managers. The reason for that is exactly what he says it is, because the club has everything planned to the letter.

The united situation has arisen because their heads were up their arses, partly because of the arrogance around the club, instilled on them mostly by fergie. They always thought they were light years ahead of everybody else, to the point where they could have hired Donald Duck to run the team. They didn't have a plan, a structure in place and still don't. We're the polar opposite, everything is so well planned that we won't have that problem. No top manager is going to be easy to replace, but as long as the right structure is in place it won't be that big of a problem either.
Ferguson and his ego is to blame for everything that’s gone on at United, their fans will never see or admit it though.

Right from the start with Magnier and McManus seeing right through Ferguson’s ego and putting him in his place. Ferguson obviously thought that because he was shoved in front of the cameras with the horse when it had won and was given half of the horse’s winning prize money for doing so, that meant that he should own half of the horse’s rights when it went to stud n’all. That clearly wasn’t the case though and Magnier and McManus must have thought of him as an underhand money-grabbing bastard.

From their fears that Ferguson was an underhand fellow, that’s where they probably started delving into what he was doing at United… they came up with ‘99 Questions’ about the way Ferguson operated the club from transfers to finances and beyond. They started to think what every City fan did; he was a fucking dodgy bastard!

At one board meeting in 2004, the board asked Ferguson to resign because he wouldn’t respond to the 99 Questions and they were worried about their stakes in the club and illegal activities from Ferguson! It got to the point where Magnier and McManus couldn’t work with Ferguson anymore at United and they sold their shares to Malcolm Glazer.

United fans should take note here as well, because Glazer didn’t give a moneys about the 99 Questions and was more than happy to keep dodgy-Fergie on!

However, in doing so, that sewed the seeds for what we are seeing today. Up until the late 00s, the way Ferguson ran United - as a totalitarian dictator where it was always all about him and his control over everything - was successful for United and it massaged his ego perfectly. However, there were boardrooms at other clubs coming along running their clubs in a 21st Century manner that would see Ferguson’s way of doing things left behind as a way of running things that should be left in the previous century.

Ferguson didn’t have the right kind of boardroom behind him for a modern 21st century club, and he didn’t have a proper succession plan in place.

Was the latter also down to his ego? Would Ferguson’s ego have gone to Pep at his height at Barça in 2011 after the CL final and said, “listen Pep, you’re the man I want to take over from me at United, so when you’re ready to leave Barça, give me a call and that’s when I’ll retire and you’ll step in”?

There’s no way on Earth his ego would have done that because there was the threat that Pep would go to United and eclipse everything he’d done there.

So, as it was, Ferguson got in a manager from a half decent top-half Premier League club who had no experience of challenging for or winning trophies and very little experience of managing a team in Europe… to take over the biggest club in the world.

Ferguson also left Moyes with an ageing and waning squad of players, and not forgetting no proper Director of Football and not the right kind of boardroom to run a football club.

Worse still, Ferguson himself was on that board and in all the years he’s been in the background, stinking the corridors out of Carrington and Old Trafford, he’s kept himself in a job but hasn’t surrounded himself with a proper modern 21st Century top Premier League football club boardroom and probably most importantly a suitable Director of Football.

So every time I see a ‘Green and Gold’ scarf or a ‘Love United Hate Glazers’ banner or a “protest” (where they don’t just all join together to sing songs about City and try and break into their own stadium to pinch things, no course not!) , I laugh, because they’re properly fucking missing the point.

It’s not the Glazers’ fault… it’s all Ferguson’s fault!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ferguson and his ego is to blame for everything that’s gone on at United, their fans will never see or admit it though.

Right from the start with Magnier and McManus seeing right through Ferguson’s ego and putting him in his place. Ferguson obviously thought that because he was shoved in front of the cameras with the horse when it had won and was given half of the horse’s winning prize money for doing so, that meant that he should own half of the horse’s rights when it went to stud n’all. That clearly wasn’t the case though and Magnier and McManus must have thought of him as an underhand money-grabbing bastard.

From their fears that Ferguson was an underhand fellow, that’s where they probably started delving into what he was doing at United… they came up with ‘99 Questions’ about the way Ferguson operated the club from transfers to finances and beyond. They started to think what every City fan did; he was a fucking dodgy bastard!

At one board meeting in 2004, the board asked Ferguson to resign because he wouldn’t respond to the 99 Questions and they were worried about their stakes in the club and illegal activities from Ferguson! It got to the point where Magnier and McManus couldn’t work with Ferguson anymore at United and they sold their shares to Malcolm Glazer.

United fans should take note here as well, because Glazer didn’t give a moneys about the 99 Questions and was more than happy to keep dodgy-Fergie on!

However, in doing so, that sewed the seeds for what we are seeing today. Up until the late 00s, the way Ferguson ran United - as a totalitarian dictator where it was always all about him and his control over everything - was successful for United and it massaged his ego perfectly. However, there were boardrooms at other clubs coming along running their clubs in a 21st Century manner that would see Ferguson’s way of doing things left behind as a way of running things that should be left in the previous century.

Ferguson didn’t have the right kind of boardroom behind him for a modern 21st century club, and he didn’t have a proper succession plan in place.

Was the latter also down to his ego? Would Ferguson’s ego have gone to Pep at his height at Barça in 2011 after the CL final and said, “listen Pep, you’re the man I want to take over from me at United, so when you’re ready to leave Barça, give me a call and that’s when I’ll retire and you’ll step in”?

There’s no way on Earth his ego would have done that because there was the threat that Pep would go to United and eclipse everything he’d done there.

So, as it was, Ferguson got in a manager from a half decent top-half Premier League club who had no experience of challenging for or winning trophies and very little experience of managing a team in Europe… to take over the biggest club in the world.

Ferguson also left Moyes with an ageing and waning squad of players, and not forgetting no proper Director of Football and not the right kind of boardroom to run a football club.

Worse still, Ferguson himself was on that board and in all the years he’s been in the background, stinking the corridors out of Carrington and Old Trafford, he’s kept himself in a job but hasn’t surrounded himself with a proper modern 21st Century top Premier League football club boardroom and probably most importantly a suitable Director of Football.

So every time I see a ‘Green and Gold’ scarf or a ‘Love United Hate Glazers’ banner or a “protest” (where they don’t just all join together to sing songs about City and try and break into their own stadium to pinch things, no course not!) , I laugh, because they’re properly fucking missing the point.

3iS8.gif

Bravo

And they are all so blinkered so see this.

Any update on this? Am I right in thinking his contract technically ends this season? Surely they’ll be news by the time the World Cup starts?

tumblr_mtzmeqC16Z1qcga5ro1_500.gifv

Hang on
iStock-155381041.jpg

Think you're saying... He's a ****.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.