Pep's contract situation

He could very easily put this to bed by just laughing it off makes no sense given the assumption once he’s done at City he’s done with living here. Just respond at his next news conference with hopefully a resounding not a chance of taking this job

He could very easily put this to bed by just laughing it off makes no sense given the assumption once he’s done at City he’s done with living here. Just respond at his next news conference with hopefully a resounding not a chance of taking this job
It’s all because Pep went on an Italian chat show at the weekend and gave lots of cryptic answers.

EVERY City presser will now be full of England questions until his ego decides what job he announces to the world.

I actually think the bigger refresh may have been left to next Summer because we may have known Pep, and to some extent Txiki, were leaving after this season. No disrespect to Pep, but if the club knew of his intention to leave at year's end I can understand holding off on some of the bigger signings. The rebuild may have grown to a larger scale because of Pep's decision to leave. So, IMO, it's not at all a matter of would he want to take it on. If he were staying it would have started this past Summer...
Agree completely and another factor is the club WC in terms of Pep staying.

He will be in charge for that but it means he like the players will be only getting a very short break until the start of following season, for a man of such intensity that is not enough.

It was on here from Tolmie about six months ago. And I am sure it is correct. Pep will win the Club World Cup wth City and then do one more season. I am sure he wants to stay for the 115 victory party and the World Cup street parade and give us enough time to bed in a replacement. Ten years at City will be a hell of an achievement.
10 years from the best manager of his generation would be an incredibly testimony of us as a club but in saying that so would 9!!

Nobody and I would include Khaldoon in that could have believed he would stay as long as he has.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.