Pep's contract situation

Not sure about Amorim, Alonso is a far better fit, perfect character for our club.
I think he’s the best option too, but I also think there is absolutely no chance we can get him to say no to Madrid. Realistically, the Madrid job is going to be available before ours. I just don’t think it’s possible to convince him to reject them and wait for us. I think in all honesty, Madrid are the most attractive club in the world for any player or manager, and then right now we are the next most attractive after them. So we’re of course right up there in attractiveness, but then when you factor in that Alonso has played for Madrid, is Spanish, and the timings line up better for Madrid, I think we have a microscopic chance of getting him.

Maybe one year deals are the trick to keep Pep around for a couple seasons longer?
Short term, can leave if he really isn’t feeling it anymore. Not a massive commitment and keeps all options open.

City press pack were so adamant he was at the end of last season but feels like it’s changed now. That’s the thing with Pep you never know.

I’m going to be very surprised if he does sign a one year but also clarifies it’s his last season if/when an extension is announced.

Pretty much how I see it with just connecting the dots. Assume pep will sign the one year extension in November.

Only thing I’m intrigued by is when do city announce the new manager? And it’s feeling very likely it’s going to be the bloke from sporting with his contract also ending in 2026.

Unlike most I’m actually looking forward to a change. Nothing against pep and I am so grateful for everything he has done I just like the idea of a fresh approach with new players.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.