Pep's contract situation

Pretty much how I see it with just connecting the dots. Assume pep will sign the one year extension in November.

Only thing I’m intrigued by is when do city announce the new manager? And it’s feeling very likely it’s going to be the bloke from sporting with his contract also ending in 2026.

Unlike most I’m actually looking forward to a change. Nothing against pep and I am so grateful for everything he has done I just like the idea of a fresh approach with new players.
10 years of Pep as City manager then England manager for 2-4 years. I’d be more than happy with that as only expected him to be at City for 2-4 years when he walked through the door.

I'm desperate for a Pep extension, he's the best manager to ever do it in England and every moment is to be cherished.

But I do wonder if a year extension kicks problems down the road. The squad probably needs a refresh the size of Pep's first two years here, but it doesn't make sense to do that when Pep is leaving in a year. All we will hear for another season is question about Pep's contract.

There's part of me that wonders whether it needs two years and a promise of building a new squad rather than another year.

10 years of Pep as City manager then England manager for 2-4 years. I’d be more than happy with that as only expected him to be at City for 2-4 years when he walked through the door.
I know some on here don’t want to admit it to themselves but it’s pretty obvious pep fancies the England job at some point.

Pretty much how I see it with just connecting the dots. Assume pep will sign the one year extension in November.

Only thing I’m intrigued by is when do city announce the new manager? And it’s feeling very likely it’s going to be the bloke from sporting with his contract also ending in 2026.

Unlike most I’m actually looking forward to a change. Nothing against pep and I am so grateful for everything he has done I just like the idea of a fresh approach with new players.
He's also in talks to extend.

I'm desperate for a Pep extension, he's the best manager to ever do it in England and every moment is to be cherished.

But I do wonder if a year extension kicks problems down the road. The squad probably needs a refresh the size of Pep's first two years here, but it doesn't make sense to do that when Pep is leaving in a year. All we will hear for another season is question about Pep's contract.

There's part of me that wonders whether it needs two years and a promise of building a new squad rather than another year.
I think it’s likely pep leaves in 2026 along with Bernardo, gundogan, walker, kdb and probably haaland.

So I think a transitional period is inevitable. To be honest im quite looking forward to it!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.