Peter Fletcher and stewards (merged)

Re: Peter Fletcher and stewards

belly2000 said:
Lucky Toma said:
A letter to a solicitor might be costly and will take time to get things sorted. Time you dont really have OP with games coming up thick and fast.
Whereas contacting the MEN or a north-west newspaper of your choice will get things rolling much more quickly.
It will probably mean you having to be photographed holding a City scarf or something looking either angry or miserable but if you're willing to do that then the club - like all clubs these days - are so obsessed with their public image and branding they will do the right thing soon after.

On a related topic I am sick to death of the smoking issue now.
Its all well and good saying people should go without for a couple of hours.
But the fact is they dont.
Its all well and good saying the club shouldnt be such c***s towards arbitary smokers.
But the fact is they cannot, by law, turn a blind eye to the problem.

So, as it stands now, unless something changes, this will just go on and on, causing a fair degree of disharmony between club and supporters.

A smoking enclosure. Its the only way.

This ^^^^^^^

I echo the thoughts smokers should be able to go 2 hours without a fag.
And for the people who say no smoke without fire - What if it was you? There are now a minimum 2 cases of this (SWP80 and the bloke in the newspaper) who have been ejected for no cause (probably). An outside shelter of some description would do - a fair number of clubs have this and before you say sport city is no smoking, owned by the council, rules, regulations etc. I'm sure most if not all council buildings have an outside area/shelter for smokers who work there. I think it's mainly due to logistics/security/cost etc

Concourse is outside and open to the elements. You will also notice that nobody has been banned for smoking on them, although it would be fun watching them try to ban 3-400 people in one go.

Take your evidence to the next Points of Blue meeting.

This sounds like a case of ROUGH JUSTICE and Mr Fletcher needs to check his evidence as taking the word of a steward is not conclusive and must be backed up by other substantive evidence. It seems to me that they should have collared anyone smoking whilst IN THE ACT, not some time later.

This is where the accusation falls apart. It is a case of mistaken identity clearly and Mr Fletcher needs to back down in this case.

mancityvstoke said:
Take your evidence to the next Points of Blue meeting.

This sounds like a case of ROUGH JUSTICE and Mr Fletcher needs to check his evidence as taking the word of a steward is not conclusive and must be backed up by other substantive evidence. It seems to me that they should have collared anyone smoking whilst IN THE ACT, not some time later.

This is where the accusation falls apart. It is a case of mistaken identity clearly and Mr Fletcher needs to back down in this case.

imagine if this was a case in court, mr fletcher would be laughed out of the place.

Firstly.

I don't smoke and I won't venture into the toilets at half-time due to the smoke, smell, nearly chucking up, and gasping for air when I crawled out of one of the tolets once at half-time. A fellow City fan had to give me mouth to mouth resuscitation to keep me alive.

The thing is. I've been told by a steward that they are told to pull individuals at random only. As in they will let the majority smoke inside the toilets, then make an example of one or two fans afterwards.

The point being. If there is a smoking ban at COMS City should enforce it properly, and not just pick out one or two at each home game to try and justifi the rule.

I would ask that question why the rule is only being used sporadically and on certain fans and not on every fan.(not that I want to see all you smokers band)

Anyone fancy a cig?

jrb said:
Firstly.

I don't smoke and I won't venture into the toilets at half-time due to the smoke, smell, nearly chucking up, and gasping for air when I crawled out of one of the tolets once at half-time. A fellow City fan had to give me mouth to mouth resuscitation to keep me alive.

The thing is. I've been told by a steward that they are told to pull individuals at random only. As in they will let the majority smoke inside the toilets, then make an example of one or two fans afterwards.

The point being. If there is a smoking ban at COMS City should enforce it properly, and not just pick out one or two at each home game, to try and justifi the rule.

I would ask that question why the rule is only being used sporadically and on certain fans, and not on every fan.(not that I want to see all you smokers band)

Anyone fancy a cig?
Sounds like they thought 'here's some 17 year old lads they'll be easier to pull for smoking, and everyone will take our word above theirs anyway'

FeedTheGoat10 said:
jrb said:
Firstly.

The point being. If there is a smoking ban at COMS City should enforce it properly, and not just pick out one or two at each home game, to try and justifi the rule.

I would ask that question why the rule is only being used sporadically and on certain fans, and not on every fan.(not that I want to see all you smokers band)

Sounds like they thought 'here's some 17 year old lads they'll be easier to pull for smoking, and everyone will take our word above theirs anyway'

Anyone fancy a cig?

it would be a brave set of stewards who try to throw out fifty fans in one go from the toilets

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.