Peter Fletcher and stewards (merged)

Re: Peter Fletcher and stewards

If I ever find myself in a similar situation (which is possible as I don't smoke yet do urinate) I'll be categorically refusing to hand over my seasoncard. I understand that it is actually the property of MCFC and not me however I'd be interested to hear the legal situation regarding stewards forceably searching me, going through my wallet, and removing my card. The Police have stop and search powers but I doubt Showsec employees do. No name, no card, no ban.

Matty said:
If I ever find myself in a similar situation (which is possible as I don't smoke yet do urinate) I'll be categorically refusing to hand over my seasoncard. I understand that it is actually the property of MCFC and not me however I'd be interested to hear the legal situation regarding stewards forceably searching me, going through my wallet, and removing my card. No name, no card, no ban.

I hold the same view mate but i was told that they just call the police who inform you that you will be arrested, searched and the card given back.

blueinsa said:
Matty said:
If I ever find myself in a similar situation (which is possible as I don't smoke yet do urinate) I'll be categorically refusing to hand over my seasoncard. I understand that it is actually the property of MCFC and not me however I'd be interested to hear the legal situation regarding stewards forceably searching me, going through my wallet, and removing my card. No name, no card, no ban.

I hold the same view mate but i was told that they just call the police who inform you that you will be arrested, searched and the card given back.
The Police could then be asked, by me, to perform a full search and, when they fail to find any cigarettes or lighter, I'd then be asking for an apology.

There must surely be a qualified solicitor on Bluemoon who could pm the lad and arrange to compose a legal letter for him to be sent to Fletcher and also help the lad out with some legal advice? It would save him any unnecessary costs.

Matty said:
blueinsa said:
The Police could then be asked, by me, to perform a full search and, when they fail to find any cigarettes or lighter, I'd then be asking for an apology.

Spot on in theory mate but it would appear that the allegation is the only thing needed and a complete lack of evidence that you have committed an offence or broken stadium rules is completely immaterial.

We must have some legal eagles on here that can offer an informed comment?

It's all part of the death of football in this country really. When i'm old, having flash backs as I sit in a care home somewhere, buts of cauliflower stuck to my chin, I know my memories of Man City will be ones which have cigarette smoke being blown in my face, blokes pushing and shoving as we break on goal, banter, smelly farts, burgers, beer burps and all in all a complete match day experience. That was the Kippax in it's full glory. My flash backs will not consist of plastic seats, stewards who think they are policemen and 'City' being sung by groups of pre-balls dropped 12 year olds. I don't go at the minute because of financial restrictions, however the more the seasons go by where I haven't been, the more I look back at Maine Road and all those scents and all that fun and almost pity those who never got to experience it, because their memories will be nothing in comparison. Nobheads like this Fletcher character just seem to make the whole experience anything but fun now.

write a letter to Garry cook and tell him what happened, also tell him as you have never smoked the bar stewards got it wrong. also tell him that you will take him [city] to court over this and get compo for this. bit extreme and it might get you banned for life, but it might also get your ticket back

Dear Mr Fletcher,

I am writing with regard to a formal Data Subject Access Request. To simplfy matters I wish to see all data held about me in regard to an incident on the ***** at the Sunderland game and in particular what method of identification and how I was identified in the stewards report. You legally have 40 days in which tto respond. Please advise how I may facilitate the £10 cost I understand this process attracts.

Please note I am also going to take a blood test [ see the previous post and use that information about what the test is called etc] which will prove I don't, or have ever, smoked.

Once I have all the required information I will be appointing a solicitor to act on my behalf and will be issuing a writ for ....... help!

They have no rights to go through your wallet, as police officers also don't (too an extent)

If that happened with me, in no certain terms I would be kicking off, just the same as stewards at gigs

complete joke, as others have said take it to someone else in the club. I'm sure Garry cook would be more than happy to help or at least point you in the right direction.

Keep us updated on what happens

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.