Peter Fletcher and stewards (merged)

Re: Peter Fletcher and stewards

Ridiculous. Guilty before proven innocent. Clearly has a micro penis and enjoys shitting on the peasants from his lofty perch.

Manchester City Football Club Kicks Off Security with CCTV Upgrade Projects

Following the success of the 2002 Commonwealth Games, Manchester City Football Club (MCFC) moved to the new all-seated City of Manchester Stadium in 2003, ready for their Premiership challenge. Since taking over the lease, the club has enjoyed average attendances of almost 45,000 people at home games.

With big name acts such as Oasis, U2 and James Brown also headlining to audiences of up to 60,000 and the ongoing heightened threat of terrorism, upgrading the club’s security procedures became a major priority and has resulted in the adoption of the latest NetVu Connected Digital Sprite 2 (DS2) DVRs (Digital Video Recorders) from Dedicated Micros for a new sophisticated CCTV solution delivered by G4S Security Systems (UK) Ltd.

With cameras covering virtually all public areas in the stadium, undoubtedly CCTV is a vital element of match day safety.

Peter Fletcher, MCFC’s Stadium and Safety Manager, explains the importance of a flexible system: “Each match day presents a new series of challenges. For example, even if an evening match hasn’t sold out, if it’s good weather, the chances are we’ll still have a good crowd turn up to see the game. In this case, we’d focus attention in the early stages on the ticket office.”

“Pre-match intelligence also contributes to how we use the CCTV system. We work very closely with the police. If we get a tip off about potential trouble, we need to be ready to monitor the situation, rapidly inform stewards and police and record everything in case evidence is required.”

An inherited system of 59 CCTV cameras linked to analogue multiplexers and video recorders was beginning to show the strain. The existing analogue installation allowed principally for recording match days and events at the time onto video tape. On non match or event days, recording still took place, but with limited staff availability and the isolated basement location of the security control room, it was difficult to record 24 hours a day.

With the Club needing to retain footage of certain events for up to five years, sadly the incumbent system was generating unsustainable and time intensive levels of archived data. Poor picture quality due to low record rates, combined with ongoing tape degradation and replacement, was creating a major headache for the club.

Peter Fletcher, summarised the problem: “We may have been a state-of-the-art stadium with superb visitor facilities but our CCTV system was clearly behind the times, still operating on outdated analogue videotape technology and unable even to record 24/7 – a key requirement for us.”

Out with the old
Stepping in to help the club to upgrade, G4S recommended an advanced digital solution based on six of the latest NetVu Connected Dedicated Micros Digital Sprite 2 (DS2) DVRs incorporating 6Tb of hard disk capacity.

The plug and play increase in storage capacity has allowed the club’s security team to enhance the record rate on the DVRs, add cameras without the worry of reaching maximum capacity and reduce the frequency of off-line archiving.

Neil Barnes, Business Development Manager for G4S takes up the story.
“We had successfully held a manned guarding contract for a number of years at the stadium, so we were already very familiar with the club’s security needs. We obviously needed to upgrade the club to digital but we wanted to keep to products which were still easy to use. The DM range was recommended because the products are so intuitive - they replicate the type of functions end users will be used to. As they are embedded products, designed specifically to do a job, I’ve always found them to be much more reliable than PC-based systems, which can struggle to cope with the demands of a security system alongside all the other tasks.”

“Installation was very straightforward and gave us a good opportunity to reduce the amount of cabling required. By using DS2s we were able to take out the existing multiplexers and recorders and replace them with just one unit, reducing the amount of equipment in the rack,” Neil added.

By splitting the hard disk storage capacity associated with the DS2s into everyday and match/event day recording, the new solution has delivered the increase in flexibility and quality that was required.

The record rate has increased by six times more than the previous analogue system, giving much better quality event coverage. When one of the disks reaches capacity, images are now archived to DVD rather than videotape, solving the club’s storage problems.

Peter Fletcher explains the difference this made to the day to day running of security:
“We’re obliged to keep footage for a long time which generates considerable storage requirements. At one stage, an entire store room was completely full of tapes. Now I can keep CCTV footage from five football seasons on DVD on the shelves in the control room.”

Flexibility First
The new digital set-up gives the club much more flexibility. Peter, who has overall responsibility security and safety explains: “I can now pull a disk out to review the content on it or to give it to the police to help with a prosecution and the system will still continue to record, so we never miss any footage.

“With the DS2, security staff using the powerful NetVu ObserVer viewing software from DM can also search for images without having to stop recording and capture multimedia images. Both high resolution Jpeg images and continuous Mpeg4 video recordings can be taken at the same time. The different options are particularly welcome when images are to be used as evidence.”

The flexibility the system provides in terms of archiving has already proven itself in terms of stadium safety and security. Peter continues: “For events and concerts we now burn disks the following day and this is often used to provide supplementary evidence to help us push through our enforcement policies - from filming fans drinking alcohol in the stadium bowl, to enforcing the no-smoking ban or recording troublemakers. If a steward spots someone causing trouble, for example, we insist that they call the event control room first, so we can make sure our cameras are capturing footage when the steward goes in to sort it out. This way we can back up the steward’s evidence.”

“At our last home game we recorded what was clearly a premeditated disturbance by the away-team fans. Thanks to the new solution we were able to rapidly pass the relevant footage onto the police and from past experience I fully expect there will be a few people getting a knock on the door.”

Ultimately, the upgrade has provided MCFC with a surveillance system that ensures crowd safety on match days and the best possible stadium security 24/7, a scalable solution that will stand the test of time says Victoria Waude, National Account Manager for Dedicated Micros.

“The Dedicated Micros installation specified by G4S at MCFC has been designed from the start to be future-proof, with further expansion now possible through the simple addition of hard wired or even wireless NetVu Connected products. It is, we believe, a fitting solution which is very much in keeping with the advanced nature of one of the UK’s premier high-tech stadia.”

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.ad-group.co.uk/projects.php?projectID=20&row=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.ad-group.co.uk/projects.php? ... D=20&row=1</a>

I just hope all the media outlets can be made aware of this moron Fletcher and his bully boys and those who have been accused of smoking when they do not even smoke take legal action, then hopefully the match experience will be that of a football match rather than the joke that it is now. I think one of the reason why our crowds have not increased is because the so called match experience is woeful, Fletcher and his shit houses are just like some Stasi mob in East Germany.

out of interest has any other department of Manchester city been contacted about this at all?

wouldn't pointing this out to others at the club it would get a response especially as its fans that are suffering because of idiots they employ to do a proper job and not kick any fan out that has done nothing wrong.

to many incidents lately for this to be ignored surly?

leewill31 said:
out of interest has any other department of Manchester city been contacted about this at all?

wouldn't pointing this out to others at the club it would get a response especially as its fans that are suffering because of idiots they employ to do a proper job and not kick any fan out that has done nothing wrong.

Danny Wilson is fully aware mate, head of supporters experience and im sure he will have raised this issue higher as well.

The club read the forum and will be fully aware of the ill feeling at present.

blueinsa said:
leewill31 said:

Danny Wilson is fully aware mate, head of supporters experience and im sure he will have raised this issue higher as well.

The club read the forum and will be fully aware of the ill feeling at present.

correct, this thread has near to 9000 views so i reckon the club will be onto this, however if they are reading this post i think its about time you (the club) contacted ric and got a message through to the op because if he has to go to the manchester evening news i will then follow up the story and tell them of the disgusting treatment fletcher gave to my son of 16

buzzer1 said:
eggbert said:
i may like a drink as do many many many city fans but iv only ever done something wrong within the club once..... so i would just have one strike :D

Care to elaborate?

Mr. Eggbert had one too many tipples on the day of the Reading 1/4 final. I'm pretty sure he passed out near the Townley at one point. Anyway, he didn't get let into the ground and had his season ticket taken off him. He wrote a letter to the club the next day (I didn't realise he had typed it up as well) but from Facebook he uploaded it hand written and it was classic due to his shocking hand writing.

I love Mr. Eggbert, and I am very, very happy that I am stood next to him at Wembley

dctid said:
Ticket For Schalke said:
It was tongue in cheek but thinking about it now it would be fun trying to see them eject 5,000 fans

Great idea BB.

No its not and wont change anything - the best way is to no buy from the bars - everybody lighting up is pointless - one because it wont happen and secondly thise people who get ejected will do so because they are somking in a non smoking space

Sometimes less is more boycotting the bars on matchday amd the club loosing revenue is a better way - no one gets ejected but we make the point and ther club WILL have to do something

swp80 if you dont win the day and get your card back then my offer is still on that you can use one of my season cards for the remaining three home games but i hope that you dont use one of my cards not from a selfish point of view but i want you to win the day and go to the last three home games using your own card to get in.
Good luck.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.