Peter Fletcher and stewards (merged)

peoffrey said:
de niro said:
I would print on season cards that if found smoking you are banned for life so they know the score from day one.

As soon as a non-smoker is banned for life under your scheme then the system has completely failed.

Many people took exception to your comments and I wouldn't normally reply too, but I felt so strongly about what you wrote that I had to put my views in.

I couldn't agree more about smokers in the toilets being deeply selfish - but this isn't the way to deal with it.

and what if an asthma sufferer has a fatal attack because they could'nt hold on not going to the loo, a basic right of the human race?

i back the spiral use but its dead fucking simple dont use the loo's for smoking and A, you dont get thrown out. B, everyone who needs the loo can use it.

that though requires fairness and disipline from the smokers, i wont hold my breath.
no pun intended.

AlthamBlue said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
yeah, it's when there's 3 or 4 stewards and a bunch of smokers at the top of the spirals who are smoking between the concourse and the outside toilet in the spiral so you still have to walk through it.

the ground's non-smoking, even if you don't agree with the smoking ban it's there, so I just can't understand like with everything else you can't just stick to the law.

For me I think the fact it's City means people don't really take it seriously because they think they're safe there, so I think legal proceedings need to be brought on smokers caught so they fully understand that they are breaking the LAW, not just stadium rules.

JMW, it os not breaking the law smoking on the Spirals. It was posted on here a couple of months ago I think from 1 of the POB meetings. Against the law inside the ground, on the Spirals it is not against the law. It's something Manchester City Council advised on and City agreed.

well it's against club rules.

10. Smoking is not permitted in the City of Manchester Stadium and all areas of SportCity. This includes toilets, spiral stairwells, concourses, seats and all hospitality areas including atriums. Anyone who does smoke in the Stadium faces ejection and a possible ban.

Joe Mercer Way said:
AlthamBlue said:
JMW, it is not breaking the law smoking on the Spirals. It was posted on here a couple of months ago I think from 1 of the POB meetings. Against the law inside the ground, on the Spirals it is not against the law. It's something Manchester City Council advised on and City agreed.

10. Smoking is not permitted in the City of Manchester Stadium and all areas of SportCity. This includes toilets, spiral stairwells, concourses, seats and all hospitality areas including atriums. Anyone who does smoke in the Stadium faces ejection and a possible ban.

that's not going to work though, the speed limit on the roads maybe 30mph, impossible to control fully and at times a stupid rule.
i can see no reason not to use the spirals to alleviate a big problem at city, it wont cut it out all together but it helps.

de niro said:
Joe Mercer Way said:

that's not going to work though, the speed limit on the roads maybe 30mph, impossible to control fully and at times a stupid rule.
i can see no reason not to use the spirals to alleviate a big problem at city, it wont cut it out all together but it helps.

it's easier if smokers grew a backbone and played by the rules for a couple of hours.

I don't smoke btw, never have never will, but regarding Peter Fletcher and the way we all hate him - i thought i'd link to my experience of him that i wrote about last year.
He's a horrible nasty person. (But we know that already!)

<a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=134502&p=2301146&hilit=fletcher#p2301146" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=1&t=134502&p=2301146&hilit=fletcher#p2301146</a>
(his name shows in yellow only cos it's how i found my old post in the searches!)

This was the post though - in a thread about him someone else started.
The man basically told me i was a liar and that i was the worst type of city fan! I should have followed it up with someone higher, but it was in the days before Garry Cook and the like.. but it did really upset me at the time, and then i was ill with something else so i just let it go :(

If anyone from city does end up reading this thread, see that it's not all about smoking and bans - the man is a nasty nasty hitler who insults and belittles fans, men and women alike. Send him on a customer service course - or better still SACK HIM.

kippaxkid74 said:
I wrote to Peter Fletcher about 3 years ago after a cup game, the 2 men 2 rows behind me (the block was pretty empty) never stopped with their racial hatred. Never. Add sexism and some munich songs and they made me sick. But, as a shy person scared of comeback - and as a woman too, i was too scared to walk along my row to go tell a steward on the day, as the guys behind would have known it was me when the steward came back to them, and my worry was what if they don't then get moved, they could give me a ton of abuse.. or follow me out afterwards.. Cowardly maybe, but if you'd had bad peronsal experiences of an attack yourself you might have been afraid you react too.
But it was the least enjoyable city match of my life.
I took their seat numbers, and wrote to the club explaining what went on, and detailed what they said and everything, saying i hoipe the club can track them and ban them. The reply i got back astounded me. Basically i was being told by Peter Fletcher that i should have reported them on the day and that they will do nothing about it now, and he also told me that no one else complained and pretty much accused me of making it up, and went on again about how i (yes, me! not those guys but me!) let the club down by not reporting them on the day.

I was in tears with that email from him. So upset. I told him so too in a reply, and got even more stick back from him. His reply and comments became personal, which was very very wrong imo.
Myabe he was having a bad day, or 2. But to talk to a lifelong supporter like that, in such bullying negative tones, it was wrong. I had my reasons, and i was doing good (so i thought) writing afterwards to report them.
I was going to write to someone at city after that to complain about Fletcher, but i became ill afterwards and decided it would only make me stressed and probably wouldn't get me anywhere.

Long story i know, i just wanted to say good luck with getting problems stamped out.

(edit to add, before anyone accuses me of not being able to take "banter" - i can banter with the best of them! I love atmosphere, sing and chant the good stuff, but due to personal experience i'm not into confrontation with the nasty ones. And on that occasion i hoped someone else would have reported them on the day, and that my email would have been counted as a follow up.. unfortunately other people found monkey boy and ****** chants (amongst many other disgusting things) acceptable. I'm a lifelong blue, been season ticket for over 20 years now btw). Oh and i can swear with the best of them!)

Ok, I have read some recent threads and people complaining about the situation and asking for someone to act as a spokesperson.

I had intended stepping away from this situation in case I became singled out and retribution was sought by the club and I ended up being banned.

However, I am no coward and can not do that.

Therefore, with the backing and acknowledgement of others on here, I shall put myself forward to contact the club and present a case to them; assuming they will speak to me of course.

I do not intend to bring any further bad press upon the club and shall look to undertake any negotiation and discussion on a face to face basis with persons at the club in order to resolve the situation.

As such, anybody who has experienced any issues with the stewards and the follow up from people at the club following any complaints could you please PM me. I shall then probide my e-mail address and request the info i need from individuals to enable me to present it to the club.

If people do not wish me to take such action, feel free to post on here and I shall accept the majority decision.

blueinsa said:
We can talk all day long about smoking and areas and life time bans but it doesn't address the problem at heart and that is over zealous stewarding and ejections and subsequent bans with a complete lack of recourse.

We need to organise ourselves with a designated spokesperson and fully put forward our arguments and suggestions as to how this can be avoided in the future and make it abundantly clear that if this situation of random and unfair ejections carries on, we will as a group of fans organise protests that will leave the club in no doubt as to how serious we are. Non violent at all times and as has been suggested, the bars and kiosks are the first thing to boycott. A pic of a florescent jacket was put on last night but think about a south stand with everyone wearing one as a visible protest and the impact it would have as the national press would be all over it. We have to hit the club where it hurts to begin with and that's financially.

We are all selfish bastards at heart and many will take the view, fuck em, it isn't me affected and i don't give a shit but the real story here is it could well be you next...then your brother or your dad etc.

If City can provide absolute proof of an offence then fine but the fact that Mr Fletcher just wont and spouts his only defence of "i believe my steward" says to me he is making it up as he goes along and is on very rocky ground should a legal challenge go in.

I have e-mailed Danny Wilson who i got to know on the South Africa trip and i have made him fully aware of this thread and the sheer bad feeling that this man and his attitude is causing and i have made him fully aware that this wont just blow over should the club decide to just try and ride it out. They need to act as the day will soon come when groups of lads in the South Stand wont sit by and watch people getting thrown out and the very real possibility of violence will rear its ugly head and that isn't being over dramatic. Mr Fletcher and City need to realise this isn't a them and us situation, we are as one, we are all City and this battle will soon turn into a war which nobody wants.

City are busy alienating a hell of a lot of fans here and we have to stand together and make sure it stops.

I don't smoke and never have btw.

Great post. Nothing will change by people talking about this situation on message boards alone. If we (the FSF) can help in any way, please do get in touch.

You may want to have a read of the club charter: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.mcfc.co.uk/the-club/~/media/Files/Club/Customer%20Charter.ashx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mcfc.co.uk/the-club/~/media/ ... arter.ashx</a>

What it doesn't - but should - tell you is that there is a formal complaints procedure and that every supporter has recourse to take a complaint to the Independent Football Ombudsman.

The procedure is, firstly follow the complaints process set down by the club. If you are not satisfied with the outcome of your complaint, you should take it to the Premier League or FA if a cup game. If they can't bring the matter to a satisfactory conclusion, then the final step is the Independent Football Ombudsman who will carry out a full investigation.

The details for the Premier League are: info@premierleague.com and the Ombudsman: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.theifo.co.uk/contact-us.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.theifo.co.uk/contact-us.html</a>

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.