Peter Fletcher and stewards (merged)

tazmancblue said:
Ok, I have read some recent threads and people complaining about the situation and asking for someone to act as a spokesperson.

I had intended stepping away from this situation in case I became singled out and retribution was sought by the club and I ended up being banned.

However, I am no coward and can not do that.

Therefore, with the backing and acknowledgement of others on here, I shall put myself forward to contact the club and present a case to them; assuming they will speak to me of course.

I do not intend to bring any further bad press upon the club and shall look to undertake any negotiation and discussion on a face to face basis with persons at the club in order to resolve the situation.

As such, anybody who has experienced any issues with the stewards and the follow up from people at the club following any complaints could you please PM me. I shall then probide my e-mail address and request the info i need from individuals to enable me to present it to the club.

If people do not wish me to take such action, feel free to post on here and I shall accept the majority decision.

The FSF have agreed to assist us with this as they have had numerous complaints from City fans. My object is not to castigate individuals at the club; there will be no personal vendettas, just simply bringing together all the possible incorrect handling of situations so that the future can be better.

Here's an idea.

Why doesn't the club employ 4 senior stewards, one in each stand, to go and talk to the person or persons accused of breaching spectator rules at COMS.

They could ask the person or persons to accompany them to the concorse, where the matter can be discussed in a civilised manner, with both sides putting their cases forward.

If there is ample proof that a spectator rule has been broken, an instant warning can be issued in the form of taking the name and supporter number of the person or persons involved, and warning them that any future misbehavior will result in a ban of X amount of games.

If the situation can't be resolved there and then on the concorse, then the person or persons details should be taken and a meeting should be arranged with a senior club offical, where the incident can be discussed in private.

Also, there is no need for Showsec to get involved. Every City supporter would rather see 2 or 3 City stewards coming to see them, instead of 5 or 6 Gorillas in yellow jackets.

It isn't rocket science. Get it sorted City.

tazmancblue said:
tazmancblue said:
Ok, I have read some recent threads and people complaining about the situation and asking for someone to act as a spokesperson.

I had intended stepping away from this situation in case I became singled out and retribution was sought by the club and I ended up being banned.

However, I am no coward and can not do that.

Therefore, with the backing and acknowledgement of others on here, I shall put myself forward to contact the club and present a case to them; assuming they will speak to me of course.

I do not intend to bring any further bad press upon the club and shall look to undertake any negotiation and discussion on a face to face basis with persons at the club in order to resolve the situation.

As such, anybody who has experienced any issues with the stewards and the follow up from people at the club following any complaints could you please PM me. I shall then probide my e-mail address and request the info i need from individuals to enable me to present it to the club.

If people do not wish me to take such action, feel free to post on here and I shall accept the majority decision.

The FSF have agreed to assist us with this as they have had numerous complaints from City fans. My object is not to castigate individuals at the club; there will be no personal vendettas, just simply bringing together all the possible incorrect handling of situations so that the future can be better.

sorry, I want a spokesperson who'll fight for the removal of Fletcher and if possible showsec.

I don't want some wishy-washy "oh the club say they'll internally investigate" and we carry on as we have been doing.

change needs to be implemented and it needs to be done now.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
tazmancblue said:

sorry, I want a spokesperson who'll fight for the removal of Fletcher and if possible showsec.

I don't want some wishy-washy "oh the club say they'll internally investigate" and we carry on as we have been doing.

Then why don't you do it?

Soulboy said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:

There are ways and means of reaching the required result without castigating an individual.

tazmancblue said:
Soulboy said:

There are ways and means of reaching the required result without castigating an individual.

are you for real?

you seriously think that leaving fletcher in charge is going to change anything? all these fans have suffered because of him and his stubborn and dictatorial ways, being diplomatic and reasonable has proven not to work already.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
tazmancblue said:

are you for real?

you seriously think that leaving fletcher in charge is going to change anything? all these fans have suffered because of him and his stubborn and dictatorial ways, being diplomatic and reasonable has proven not to work already.

No need to castigate an individual? WTF.

Get this tw*t out of OUR club, end of.

My view would be to aim for what is achievable. The club sacking Fletcher or him resigning is highly, highly unlikely to happen. It isn't unreasonable to think that the club think he is doing a good job and will support him in the same way that he backs the stewards.

Getting supporters around a table with Fletcher and others from the clubs management is - or at least - should be achievable.

Going into any meeting you will need to demonstrate that you have plenty of support and that you are speaking on behalf of a sizeable number of supporters. Perhaps you could consider writing an open letter to the club voicing your concerns and asking for a meeting and encourage as many supporters to sign it as possible.

And I hope you won't mind me saying is that while this is clearly and understandably a very emotive issue and feelings are running high, I'd avoid personal abuse on this forum or anywhere else where the club may read it. It potentially weakens your position and could give the club a reason not to engage with you.

amanda.jacks@fsf.org.uk

buzzer1 said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
are you for real?

No need to castigate an individual? WTF.

Get this tw*t out of OUR club, end of.

Fletcher has to go.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.