Peter Fletcher and stewards (merged)

I have crossed swords with Mr. Fletcher on behalf of my father who lent out his season ticket to a friend due to his inability to attend due to severe illness. I wrote a letter on his behalf explaining the circumstances and, despite the bad press he receives, he was sympathetic towards the circumstances but reminded me of the rules and regulations which I thought was fair enough and expected given his job title.

I acknowledge and respect the opinions of those who believe him to be inept at his job, that he comes accross as an unco-operative bully who has not interest engaging in dialogue with numerous supporters but personally my experience was a good one so I will not be jumping on the bandwagon calling for his head on the block.

His job is to ensure that supporters have an enjoyable match day experience, to ensure that his staff monitor and reduce the risk of accidents within the stadium and to uphold the stadium rules and regulations at all times. If a supporter has been incorrectly indentified to be smoking then a letter pleading your case should suffice but to hurl abuse at him, rather than the steward who made the error, is a bit daft in my books. Just my opinion.

This guy sounds like a bizarre cross between Judge Judy, Idi Amin and Blakey from On the Buses.

Does anyone know if the club have plans to release a jigsaw puzzle featuring Mr Fletcher?

johnny on the spot said:
Does anyone know if the club have plans to release a jigsaw puzzle featuring Mr Fletcher?

£8.99 from official club shop at the moment.

jrb said:
The FSF said:
You'll have to make a very good case to the club to persuade them that Fletchers position is untenable, and as I said in my previous post, you should consider he not only has the backing of his employer but that they think he's doing a good job.

Regardless if Peter Fletcher is doing a good job or not, the club will always back him in public. Behind closed doors it could be a totally different matter. Obviously I don't know, but I'm sure at some stage Peter Fletcher has been asked to explain his actions, considering the amount of negative publicity he is generating.(from City fans)

Our owners (and probably Cookie) won't like hearing or reading about all of these complaints, regardless of Peter Fletchers track record over the years at City.

Point taken though.

That's exactly the point the lady from FSF and I were trying to make. Present the club with the evidence and force them to openly make a decision either way, rather than go in all guns blazing screaming and shouting that you want some one sacked. Such ranting would just antagonise all and create a siege mentality with them and they are more likely to stand behind their barricades and support all on their side.

So far only one person has provided me with evidence to take to them. I would look pretty stupid currently if I went in screaming sack Fletcher then when they asked me for evidence I could quote only two situations including the OP's and say "but everyone says he's a twat so you have to do it". As Eccles Blue says, you have to present a case to enable them to justify any action the club take.

C_T_I_D said:
I have crossed swords with Mr. Fletcher on behalf of my father who lent out his season ticket to a friend due to his inability to attend due to severe illness. I wrote a letter on his behalf explaining the circumstances and, despite the bad press he receives, he was sympathetic towards the circumstances but reminded me of the rules and regulations which I thought was fair enough and expected given his job title.

I acknowledge and respect the opinions of those who believe him to be inept at his job, that he comes accross as an unco-operative bully who has not interest engaging in dialogue with numerous supporters but personally my experience was a good one so I will not be jumping on the bandwagon calling for his head on the block.

His job is to ensure that supporters have an enjoyable match day experience, to ensure that his staff monitor and reduce the risk of accidents within the stadium and to uphold the stadium rules and regulations at all times. If a supporter has been incorrectly indentified to be smoking then a letter pleading your case should suffice but to hurl abuse at him, rather than the steward who made the error, is a bit daft in my books. Just my opinion.

You did what?

Fletchers days are numbered at the club, he knows it, the club know it and his replacement knows it ! Unfortunately the club want his replacement to finish his current career path which is planned to take around another 12 to 18 months. The club want this due to the prestige that the incoming persons final title represents, the incoming wants it as it affects his pension and value to City (not that the money is an issue as a salary has already been talked around without being specific and he needn't worry about his pension).

Nixon_The_Bike_Thief said:
Fletchers days are numbered at the club, he knows it, the club know it and his replacement knows it ! Unfortunately the club want his replacement to finish his current career path which is planned to take around another 12 to 18 months. The club want this due to the prestige that the incoming persons final title represents, the incoming wants it as it affects his pension and value to City (not that the money is an issue as a salary has already been talked around without being specific and he needn't worry about his pension).

It's Vieira, isn't it?

andy mcnab (ex sas) :)

johnny on the spot said:

It's Vieira, isn't it?
No- Gary Neville.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.