Peter Fletcher and stewards (merged)

buzzer1 said:
Nixon_The_Bike_Thief said:
Maybe, but he mustnt have any desire to leave for the private sector (yes I know ACPO is a private body) as it aint him the club have been courting, allthough Id suggest he knows who the candidate is, personally. Anyway Ive said as much as I should for now and dont want to get into a guessing game Im not going to give out the answer to, needless to say we have veered off the Fletcher route but this snippet was an insight into a longer term plan and another example of City wanting to have better than everyone else in all areas of our beloved club.

Who are they after Nixon, Morse? or are they going for the old school of Chisolm or the pincer movement of Bodie and Doyle? ;)

Arnie is in pole with robocop still in the running.

If this is how it was, then these lads deserve a full unreserved apology from the club and a rescinding of bans

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.fsf.org.uk/news/Fans-Blues-Thrown-out-for-smoking.php?id=" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.fsf.org.uk/news/Fans-Blues-T ... ng.php?id=</a>

Has Mr Fletcher STILL refused to see sense?

How ridiculous.

He has NO EVIDENCE other than the word of a Steward (who could be a biased RED as well. Many showsec stewards are Utd fans)

Rough Justice.

We need an organsied approach to sort this out

Can everyone email their comments on this serious issue which is damaging our great club to

Kate.Lyndley@mcfc.co.uk

She is "assistant to the executive office" which I presume is Gary Gook's PA<br /><br />-- Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:45 pm --<br /><br />Sent this email, will see what happens :

Kate

I am writing to express my grave concern over the ongoing issue regarding the above

My brother was wrongly ejected some weeks ago for smoking despite never having smoked in his life - he has corresponded directly with the club without as yet receiving any form of acceptable reply. For clarification a letter from your hapless, clueless and incompetent head of security, Mr Fletcher, merely stating that the club never make mistakes does not constitute an acceptable reply.

Having witnessed his ejection and been party to some of the correspondence subsequent to this, I am of the opinion that the club's behaviour is more reminiscent of a secret police state from the communist era rather than a progressive football club which cares about genuine supporters

My brother has attended games regularly for the over 20 years, despite spending much of this time living in London, Newcastle and also overseas. Indeed on the day of the Notts County game when he was ejected, he had travelled from Egypt, via London, where he is working. He will not attend another game until the club accepts it made a mistake and apologises. He doesn't want any money, a training top or a free box for a day - just a simple and straight forward statement

Whilst I am concerned that my brother may not ever attend a match, I am far more concerned that the club's policy is driving away dozens of fans by the week due to similar ejections from the ground. You only have to spend 30 seconds searching on the internet forums to find a large number of disgruntled people who have similar experiences - Mr Fletchers name is a common theme

My biggest concern is that when the club becomes successful and wins silverware, which I am in no doubt will happen, there may not be many genuine supports there to see it

Can I please ask that you pass my concerns to Mr Cook and the other executives and request that the Club urgently reviews it's policy on ejections from the ground.

Regards[/i]

de niro said:
Rasher said:
I dont smoke never have never will, not even the funny stuff. When we went to Notts County this year I think I remember the exits being opened so that smokers could go outside to fill their lungs full of tar, why can city do the same we have more space outside than Notts County did from what I remember. Not that i remember a lot from that day hic!!!

the same question was asked at the points of blue meeting, the answer came back that city did'nt want to be seen to "encourage" smoking. bollocks, its the sensible thing to do, even i admit its a habit, an illness that they can do little about.
the first person to sue the club for a wrongful arrest and they will have a pen in place for smokers to go.

But they're happy to sell Burgers, Chips, Hot dogs and an array of fatty foods when we all know there is an obesity problem in the country.

More double standards.

1_barry_conlon said:
de niro said:
the same question was asked at the points of blue meeting, the answer came back that city did'nt want to be seen to "encourage" smoking. bollocks, its the sensible thing to do, even i admit its a habit, an illness that they can do little about.
the first person to sue the club for a wrongful arrest and they will have a pen in place for smokers to go.

But they're happy to sell Burgers, Chips, Hot dogs and an array of fatty foods when we all know there is an obesity problem in the country.

More double standards.
You can't pass on high cholesterol to passers by. You can pass off lung damage to innocent bystanders who don't want to ingest vile smoke.

Ubiquitous said:
1_barry_conlon said:

More double standards.
You can't pass on high cholesterol to passers by. You can pass off lung damage to innocent bystanders who don't want to ingest vile smoke.
Which is why a smoking area has been suggested by fans.
The clubs refusal to grant it unfortunately means people will smoke in the bogs and pass on the side effects, and people will be evicted.

Ubiquitous said:
1_barry_conlon said:

More double standards.

Totally unproven.

Whereas having to put up with the stench of sweaty lardarses is totally proven.

I don't see how a football ground can have a smoking area. The law is that smoking isn't allowed in any place where somebody works. If it kicked off in the smoking area, police/stewards would have to go in to sort it out and so the club would be breaking the law.

117 M34 said:
I don't see how a football ground can have a smoking area. The law is that smoking isn't allowed in any place where somebody works. If it kicked off in the smoking area, police/stewards would have to go in to sort it out and so the club would be breaking the law.

If it kicks off in the smoking area outside a pub the Police would have to go in, but they still exist!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.