Peter Walton

Absolute howler from the bloke. One of the worst performances I've seen all season, and I mean that completely neautrally. Vile creature.

BoyBlue_1985 said:
how was that blatent push on ade not a penalty, anywhere else on the pitch and its a free kick the cnut!!

This particularly beggars belief. Two handed push, the player goes down. Texted my lad at 2.50 - "Blatant pen, Oh no sorry we aint kicked off yet" but there was the blatant pen. Too many refs drive to a game setting an agenda that specifies no penalties unless a defender cuts an attacker's throat, or fists the ball from under the bar with all the theatricals necessary for even the likes of Attwell, Crappenburg, Wiley, and now Walton not to be able to turn a blind eye and ignore it.

It is a truism that as this season draws to a close, we are getting a poorer display of the referee's art with every passing game. Each ref displays a more woeful performance than the hapless cretin from the previous match.

bluesteve1964 said:
mad zab said:
I was right behind that tackle and Kompany pulled out, and that is why Benayoun stayed on his feet. He was all set to go down thinking Vinny was going to go through with the tackle.
I think Vinny pulled out of it too. The reason Yosser stayed on his feet was he had just been booked and would have got a second yellow for diving IF Walton had seen it as a dive too.
All in all Walton was awful but I thought the linesman in front of the East Stand was even worse if possible.
You could be right,i was right near the corner with my uncle and felt obliged to point out the useless flag waving bast4rd's multiple failings.he was almost as shit as Walton!the poor lad is probably gutted that his outstanding ineptitude has been overshadowed by Walton.

How the linesman or him for that matter didn't see that the ball went atleast a yard off the field when Shaun was at the by-line, utterly laughable.

Plus, the linesman on the East stand side wouldn't make his own decisions until Walton would, which was bloody dangerous.

The InvisiBLUE Man said:
bluesteve1964 said:
I think Vinny pulled out of it too. The reason Yosser stayed on his feet was he had just been booked and would have got a second yellow for diving IF Walton had seen it as a dive too.
All in all Walton was awful but I thought the linesman in front of the East Stand was even worse if possible.
You could be right,i was right near the corner with my uncle and felt obliged to point out the useless flag waving bast4rd's multiple failings.he was almost as shit as Walton!the poor lad is probably gutted that his outstanding ineptitude has been overshadowed by Walton.

This linesman; Gave throw when Gerrard lunged in on Lescott (?) and was rightly booked by Walton. He was 10 yards from this foul.
Should have flagged for penalty for push on Ade. He had best view.
Kuyt 4 or 5 yards off in first half. Missed it.
Gave corner which obviously came off Kuyt for goal kick (even dippers were running back to halfway)
Gave Mascerranno freekick for blatant dive right in front of him in last minute.
Plus numerous others. Either totally incompetent or bent.

as a fellow referee,I sometimes look at a game from a refs point of view with the intense pressure they are under these days,but today we all was a witness to the most incompetent display from a referee ever.Incontistent doesnt come close,missed challenges letting them go unpunished.First thing I noticed was telling the City player EXACTLY where to take a throw but then letting the pool player take numerous steps.The bennayoun penalty I feel would have been given if he hadnt been so biased towards them before,and tried to even it up,but so many wrongs dont make a right.He reffed the game at Sunderland about 2 years ago when 2 city players within seconds were cruelly upended,one was Corluka (near the benches)with Mark Hughes seen to mouth the words 'Unbelievable'.Think it was SWP debut.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.