Petrov Interview (Merged)

Re: Soz mate but do 1 Petrov

Thanx4Knives said:
See ya Petrov!!

Waits till he goes on international duty to woman, then refers to the manager as 'him', which I think is very disrespectful. Stick him in the reserves and flog him in January, fuckin big time charlie!!
The "him" thing will have been done purposely by the paper to make it sound worse. He's clearly been asked a question about Mark Hughes, so it's perfectly natural to respond with 'him' rather than to keep repeating his name.

Lots of people seem to think that footballers just come out of the blue and randomly give speeches on any given subject; they don't. This will have been a long press conference ahead of the internationals, with 2 minutes involving questions about him not playing for City. Guess which bit the press manipulate into a 'story' about how Petrov couldn't wait to have a moan? Also throw the fact that he was speaking Bulgarian into the mix; the papers can use the harshest/most aggressive translations that may well not accurately reflect what was actually said.

Journalist: "How do you feel when Mark Hughes doesn't pick you to play?"

Petrov: "It's disappointing, but it's his decision. I can only do my best whenever I'm called upon. It's not ideal and I'd rather be playing every game"

Fucking hell, what a treacherous little bastard. Hang him!!!

Zab - Trained hard remained professional took his chance now no1 choice.
SWP - Although not playing to his full potential works hard for the team tracking back and going forward first choice for now.
DeJong - Trained hard remained professional took his chance now no1 choice.
Ireland - Trained hard remained professional took his chance now no1 choice.
Bellers - Trained hard remained professional took his chance now no1 choice.

Elano - Trained hard spat dummy out about not playing now gone.
Petrov - Trained hard got his chance played well but not tracking back enough for the team.

As you can see and surley the players can see the way into virtually forcing MH to play you. Bellers is the perfect example, he will be on the team sheet before Robinho when both fit. Now tahts what you call taking your chance and making yourself indispensable for the team.

On current form...

Given No1 choice
Zab No1 choice
Toure No1 choice
Lescott No1 choice
Bridge No1 choice
SWP No1 choice
De Jong No1 choice
Barry No1 choice
Bellers No1 choice
Tevez No1 choice
Ade No1 choice

If he wants to stay, fine by me.
If he wants to go, fine by me.

Hes good but nowhere near good enough to be starting.

BillyShears said:
As with the De Jong situation a few weeks back - as long as players who aren't being picked perform when they are picked - they can woman all they want...I'd hate to have a situation like at Chelsea a few years back where players like SWP, Bridge, et al never played and were seemingly happy to just pick up the pay packet...

Agreed, and when Petrov comes back he's quite entitled to rub MH's nose in it again for bringing that pile of sh*t RSC instead of him Monday night when he plays yet another blinder

ell said:
If he wants to stay, fine by me.
If he wants to go, fine by me.

Hes good but nowhere near good enough to be starting.

The only way i see of fitting Petrov in the starting team at the moment is swap Bellers to the right and drop SWP Petrov comes into left midfield but this puts too much work on Bridge as Petrov although will track back a few times will not track back as much as Bellers.

Mike D said:
BillyShears said:
As with the De Jong situation a few weeks back - as long as players who aren't being picked perform when they are picked - they can woman all they want...I'd hate to have a situation like at Chelsea a few years back where players like SWP, Bridge, et al never played and were seemingly happy to just pick up the pay packet...

Agreed, and when Petrov comes back he's quite entitled to rub MH's nose in it again for bringing that pile of sh*t RSC instead of him Monday night when he plays yet another blinder

Jeez give the guy a chance just back from injury.

Mike D said:
BillyShears said:

RSC is a completly different type of player to Petrov, their substitutions aren't that comparable.

i never got the fuss with santa. seems really overrated. petrov ftw.

Matt Diablo said:
Petrov unhappy with life on Man City bench

SOFIA, Oct 7 (Reuters) - Bulgarian winger Martin Petrov has again expressed his unhappiness at being left on the substitutes' bench by Manchester City manager Mark Hughes.

Petrov scored against West Ham United in the Premier League last week and set up Carlos Tevez's goal but he was an unused substitute in City's 1-1 draw at Aston Villa on Monday.

"I wanted to save my energy to win some jitball matches during Bulgaria training sessions," Petrov said sarcastically to explain why he did not play against Villa.

Petrov, who joined City from Atletico Madrid in 2007, ran to the bench to celebrate his goal by pointing to his shirt and number.

"No, I didn't do it for him (Hughes). I did it for my wife because she forgot my number", Petrov told reporters on Wednesday at the Vasil Levski national stadium, hinting at his limited opportunities at City.

Petrov is preparing for the Balkan country's last two World Cup qualifiers against Cyprus and Georgia on Oct. 10 and 14.

He started last season well but has not been a regular for City since suffering a serious knee injury last October.

Petrov, 30, was poised to join Tottenham Hotspur on the final day of the transfer window but the move broke down.

"When they give me a chance I give my best," he added. "I think I've shown that I deserve a place in the starting line-up but it's up to him (Hughes).

"It's not a pleasant (situation). I'm a professional and I'm observing my obligations but it doesn't rest well with me."

FFS! Does he not remember the last time he played for Bulgaria and got injured? Two international matches in 4 days is pretty intense, if I were him I'd have been a little glad Hughes didn't play me so I was less prone to picking up an injury.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.