Phill Dowd

Academica said:
strongbowholic said:
g180aj said:
I think the count was 7 yellows and realistically the only 1 worth a yellow was shelvey's and the 1 he never stopped play for which cost us a goal.
Dzeko's handball - yellow card; no argument from me.
Canas asking for a card - yellow card; no argument from me.
Milner kicking the ball away - yellow card; no argument from me.
Nasri's foul (taking one for the team) - yellow card; no argument from me.
Zabaletta's foul (slide challenge) - yellow card; possibly harsh due to the conditions but a yellow nonetheless.
Kompany's foul (cynical challenge) - yellow card; no argument from me.

Can't remember what Shelvey got booked for, but as he's a bald scouse **** he probably deserved it :))

All in all, I thought Dowd (whilst certainly not "brilliant") had an ok game.

Don't come on here talking sense.

Sense ?

Milner booked for kicking the ball away ? He didn't kick the ball away in dissent, he just booted it because he didn't reach it quick enough. Nobody ever gets booked for that. Zabba did absolutely fuck all wrong, just slid in for the ball.

He gave almost every free kick Swansea asked for, no matter how slight the challenge, then ignored identical challenges against us.

He did exactly the same thing at everton a couple of seasons ago & cost us the game.

He is a fat, shit, useless wanker who is often an 11th outfield man for the team we play against.

worse ref i seen in ages, some of his decisions were a disgrace, very anti man city.

He could have given a penalty against us when Kompany hand balled . That was the only thing Dowd didn't give against us . Phill should be playing Darts instead of being a referee

strongbowholic said:
Exeter Blue I am here said:
strongbowholic said:
Dzeko's handball - yellow card; no argument from me.
Canas asking for a card - yellow card; no argument from me.
Milner kicking the ball away - yellow card; no argument from me.
Nasri's foul (taking one for the team) - yellow card; no argument from me.
Zabaletta's foul (slide challenge) - yellow card; possibly harsh due to the conditions but a yellow nonetheless.
Kompany's foul (cynical challenge) - yellow card; no argument from me.

Can't remember what Shelvey got booked for, but as he's a bald scouse **** he probably deserved it :))

All in all, I thought Dowd (whilst certainly not "brilliant") had an ok game.

Kompany's was for a shirt tug on half way with the opponent heading back toward his own goal. A joke yellow card. Nasri's was for an innocuous non-dangerous tackle that the player rode. Again, a very harsh yellow. Dzeko's was a soft handball as well, miles from goal heading back up the touch line. A free kick certainly, but never merited a card. Oh, and the fat fcuk got in the way of play 3 or 4 times as well. A 5/10 performance at best.
Shelvey got his for a wild slide tackle that Nasri jumped out of the way of
Bottom line is though mate, within the laws of the game a shirt tug preventing the player progressing is a foul and a yellow card. Handball is a yellow card.

Like I say, I can see why some are annoyed at him, but he did ok overall. Granted not a 10/10 performance by any stretch but certainly better than 5/10.

Where in the laws does it say that a shirt tug or a handball are yellow cards?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.