Pitch Invasion?

Mate don’t try to use a clip like that to suggest my point doesn’t stand. I feel deeply sorry for that Grandfather. Not sure who gains from him being filmed. Or how running in the pitch yesterday is justified by it. Just my opinion
You said people who run on the pitch are selfish and only think about themselves. There are plenty of people who ran on yesterday and all the other times, including the guy in the clip, who clearly arent. That’s just my opinion as well.

Seeing the players flee from the supporters didn't sit right with me. What are they fleeing from?

Shows a bit of a disconnect between the club and fans IMO, they were probably told to do so in the event.
Seeing thousands of dickheads running on the pitch didn’t sit right with me. If they had stayed in their seats then the players could have stayed on the pitch to celebrate with the fans. Selfish bastards. Nothing else.

You said people who run on the pitch are selfish and only think about themselves. There are plenty of people who ran on yesterday and all the other times, including the guy in the clip, who clearly arent. That’s just my opinion as well.

People that run onto the pitch, in such large numbers, will always be representative of society and the cross sections of it. There will be wanks, there will be good guys. Just part of the parcel.

Any negatives will always likely be focused more on than any positives, that's part of the parcel too.

There will be an aftermath to it, and the club will have to deal with it. In my personal opinion, if they are to happen, they should only happen when the title is won on the day. Yesterday, it was always going to happen.

Last edited:
And I don’t disagree pal but leaving early doesn’t endanger the players wreck the pitch or get the club fined.

The pitch gets relayed after every season.

Endangering the players?

If there is a fine, it will be nothing compared to what the PL will fine City if they win their case against City, and what City may have to pay other PL clubs in compensation.

You will have noticed yesterday the exact same thing happened as last season.

GMP formed a corden around the West Ham fans. No City fans went near or goaded the West Ham fans. In fact, both sets of fans were celebrating City beating Arsenal to the title.

The stewards all stepped aside on instruction from the club and allowed City fans to get on to the pitch from all 4 stands.

The City fans got on to the pitch, celebrated, and then went back to their seats without causing any trouble.

The PL title winning podium was then set up.

The players lifted the PL trophy.

Pep, the coaching staff, the players and their families did a lap of honour celebrating with the fans who were back on the terraces.

A fantastic day, and a fantastic end to a 4th PL title in a row season.

At the end of the day the club must be happy with it happening, as they would have come up with something more robust at stopping it after so many years of witnessing it, not just making a half hearted attempt at stopping it with a load of orange coats pegged out on a line around the perimeter.
Cattle prods, tasers, water cannons, rubber bullets ….. that kind of stuff ?

Endangering the players?

If there is a fine, it will be nothing compared to what the PL will fine City if they win their case against City, and what City may have to pay other PL clubs in compensation.

GMP formed a corden around the West Ham fans. No City fans went near or goaded the West Ham fans. In fact, both sets of fans were celebrating City beating Arsenal to the title.

The stewards all stepped aside on instruction from the club and allowed City fans to get on to the pitch from all 4 stands.

The City fans got on to the pitch, celebrated, and then went back to their seats without causing any trouble.

Pep, the coaching staff, the players and their families did a lap of honour celebrating with the fans who were back on the terraces.

Shut up and give us some photos and videos of the atmosphere, like you usually do ;)

At the end of the day the club must be happy with it happening, as they would have come up with something more robust at stopping it after so many years of witnessing it, not just making a half hearted attempt at stopping it with a load of orange coats pegged out on a line around the perimeter.
I do remember the 2014 one the stewards pushed us back and as people kept moving forwards people were getting crushed and in the end people was still getting on eventually so I can see why they just let fans on now

Didn't go on the pitch myself, but have done in the past and have no issue with those that did yesterday. Didn't feel like the club were bothered either, as the stewards weren't making any attempt to stop people. It's relatively harmless fun, and become something of a tradition. The pitch was cleared fairly quickly so it didn't really hold the presentation up by much.
We were fined 250 k last time , probably double this time , it does matter , they are morons

Reactions: CC1

Endangering the players?

Most people aren't that bothered about any of that, a few are, Most people though are bothered about the twats that went on before the whiste, they did risk consequences for the club.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.