Pitch Invasion?

pride in battle said:
SharstonBlue said:
Apologies for shouting but...

STAY OFF THE PITCH IF WE WIN ON SUNDAY!!!

A pitch invasion would show us up for having a small club mentality, it would be completely against the dignity and professionalism shown by the club and the players as they hunt down the trophy and it would likely stop the presentation and end of season farewell from happening... as well as leading to many people being banned from the stadium for a number of years.

you cant ban 10,000 plus people, if you think its small time than the typical rag mind is coming in, just because united and chelsea dont do it, two pretty passionless teams dont do it means we shouldnt?

if it happens it happens! people saying iv waited 44yrs to see it IF we do win so dont spoil it for me.
well im 28 and also been waiting all my life for times like these, if emotins take over and i go on the pitch thats upto me and itll be my way of celebrating probably along with many others.

So what exactly does running on the pitch achieve ?
Other than denying the majority of supporters in the ground, the chance to share the moment with the team and RM.

ashytheblue said:
if it happens it happens! people saying iv waited 44yrs to see it IF we do win so dont spoil it for me.
well im 28 and also been waiting all my life for times like these, if emotins take over and i go on the pitch thats upto me and itll be my way of celebrating probably along with many others.
its up to you yes but it also means you'd be something of a selfish ****. even if 10,000 people ran on the pitch that's 35,000 other people who the celebrations have been ruined for.

Maineman55 said:
Other than denying the majority of supporters in the ground, the chance to share the moment with the team and RM.
Emphatically this
If you run on the pitch how can the players come out and celebrate it with the fans?
How can the presented with the trophy if the pitch is full of inconsiderate dickheads?

bluebannana said:
pride in battle said:
SharstonBlue said:
Apologies for shouting but...

STAY OFF THE PITCH IF WE WIN ON SUNDAY!!!

A pitch invasion would show us up for having a small club mentality, it would be completely against the dignity and professionalism shown by the club and the players as they hunt down the trophy and it would likely stop the presentation and end of season farewell from happening... as well as leading to many people being banned from the stadium for a number of years.

you cant ban 10,000 plus people, if you think its small time than the typical rag mind is coming in, just because united and chelsea dont do it, two pretty passionless teams dont do it means we shouldnt?

It shouldn't be done because the trophy won't be presented if people run on the pitch.

What happens if we win, we cant lift the trophy until utd have finished there game at Sunderland as technically they can still win it if they score 10 plus goals ... Would we all have to wait an hour until there game finishes??

There won't be a pitch invasion this time. There will be loads of announcements and stewards on the pitch and it won't happen.

Although where this "small time" thing has come thing I've no idea. I would guess it's passionless internet reds. Pitch invasions have been part of English football culture for decades and it's a shame that era has passed at the top of the game. They won't come back unless Barclays sponser them.

jaiden said:
What happens if we win, we cant lift the trophy until utd have finished there game at Sunderland as technically they can still win it if they score 10 plus goals ... Would we all have to wait an hour until there game finishes??
All Sundays games kick off at exactly the same time, allowing for injury time etc they will all finish within 5 minutes of each other.

As for staging a pitch invasion should we win, I don't think that's a very good idea. I want to see Kompany and the rest of the team being presented with their medals and lifting the Premiership trophy, I don't want to see a load of pissed up City fans running around on a field.

squirtyflower said:
Maineman55 said:
Emphatically this
If you run on the pitch how can the players come out and celebrate it with the fans?
How can the presented with the trophy if the pitch is full of inconsiderate dickheads?

Well im not too worried anymore as im sure the club will have employed a lot more extra security after reading the 20 threads r.e "pitch invasion" on this forum alone

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.