Pitch Invasion?

Two years ago, it was prominent during a time of invasions that got out of hand, as did that one against Villa where some idiot tried to hit the villa keeper. Not a peep from last year, or any other years. I'd imagine if fined it would be less than the largely advertised one against Villa. Ultimately the club don't care, isn't a coincidence that they can stop fans getting near the tunnel with a cordon, but nowhere else......

You are muddying all of your points, you didn't want an invasion because some poor sod near you had to leave sharpish. Not because people jumping on players offends you. That isn't acceptable and we can say an invasion involving thousands of fans, there are probably a few hundred who ruin it with such behavior max. I think it is selfish that you are telling thousands, that despite it being how we celebrate our title wins, that they can't go on the pitch because someone sat near you had to leave. It is tough shit, and it would be tough shit for myself if I had to leave for whatever reason. I have my own sob story which has meant this season has been absolutely horrendous for myself personally. That elation to have won the league and celebrate in that manner with my daughter wont ever be taken from me and something she will never forget. The club love it, thousands of fans love it but you are saying that it should be stopped because the minority don't like it. Remind me about that selflish point again.
I don't think I'm muddying anything at all. I think that there are multiple reasons for not wanting a pitch invasion, varying from the safety and welfare of the players through to the consideration of other fans. If you're willing to admit that a few hundred ruin it then surely that is too much of a risk we can't take.

I don't think you understand the concept of selfishness. You describe your behaviour impacting others as "tough shit". If a player gets assaulted (as Billy Sharp did at the City Ground), is that "tough shit" too? I don't see how I, as someone who could have waited until midnight to watch the presentation, am being selfish for wanting others to be able to see it. It's the opposite. I'm sorry you have had personal problems but your motivations are solely about you and your daughter, by your own admission. That is the epitome of selfishness.

I can also tell you first hand that the club do NOT 'love it'.

I don't think I'm muddying anything at all. I think that there are multiple reasons for not wanting a pitch invasion, varying from the safety and welfare of the players through to the consideration of other fans. If you're willing to admit that a few hundred ruin it then surely that is too much of a risk we can't take.

I don't think you understand the concept of selfishness. You describe your behaviour impacting others as "tough shit". If a player gets assaulted (as Billy Sharp did at the City Ground), is that "tough shit" too? I don't see how I, as someone who could have waited until midnight to watch the presentation, am being selfish for wanting others to be able to see it. It's the opposite. I'm sorry you have had personal problems but your motivations are solely about you and your daughter, by your own admission. That is the epitome of selfishness.

I can also tell you first hand that the club do NOT 'love it'.

I can tell you at even closer hand that they do love it. I am not going to go over the reasons again, on top of what I know. My behaviour was selfish, as is yours. City can stop it and they don't. The majority on level 1 go on the pitch. It isn't a coincidence the moaners are usually level 2 upwards. A few hundred can ruin it, when I say ruin it we are talking a handful of idiots going on before the final whistle, a bell end chasing Doku (for a hug - where's the shotgun?!) that's as bad as it has got. As ever our players amazingly came out unscathed and the only issue is a delay to the presentation. We have had numerous pitch invasions over the years. One year, one fan confronted the Villa keeper. Every other time there hasn't been a problem from the hypothetical issues you present. Whatever side of the fence we sit on we won't agree. All I will say is this will continue to happen until City seriously want to stop it.

Tunnel Cam. 10:09 into the video.

Final whistle. The players rush down the tunnel from the dugout and from the pitch as the waiting Police in the tunnel rush out to form a protective cordon in front of the players tunnel. Which shows the club and the Police knew there was going to be a pitch invasion and planned for it in detail. Watch it.

Seems to be one of those clear dividing lines on the forum this, doesn’t it?
The usual reactionary bollocks on both sides.

The ones who jumped the gun I agree are idiots. The ones who chased players are, without doubt, idiots. The kneesliders are just wierd. The vast majority are just normal Blues who see it as part of our identity. Have a bit of fun, go on with mates and family, to enjoy another momentous day in our history.

By the same token, those who have a problem with it are entitled to that view and are not fannys or cunts for saying so.

The club play lip-service to the PL by putting measures in place, but are complicit by facilitating it.

To those who advocate fencing and rising nets, be careful what you wish for.

* New for 2024/25, as part of your Tunnel Club experience, exclusive access to your own personalised pitch invasion at the final home game of the season. After fencing off the great unwashed undesirable legacy fans, you will receive:

5 minutes chasing the club captain
2 knee-slides with your player of choice
3 selfies with moonchester
5 attempts to break the crossbar
2 steward chases, with comedy fall.

For an additional £4,900 + VAT you and your guests can throw pies at the South Stand and moon at the scruffy cunts.

Poor from our owners, they can afford an army of lawyers but not an army of stewards to ring the pitch
There was thousands of Stewards, but they are powerless.

Who the fuck is going to try and stop a huge crowd intent on getting on the pitch.

City might be away for the last game of next season.

Have you noticed how non of the top teams are every away
There was thousands of Stewards, but they are powerless.

Who the fuck is going to try and stop a huge crowd intent on getting on the pitch.

The stewards are told to step aside by the club. In previous seasons individual stewards have tried to grab and grapple individual fans whilst hundreds of other fans invaded the pitch. There have been videos of that happening posted on this thread in the past. What exactly is the point of an individual steward doing that? No City fans broke the Police cordon in front of the players tunnel or in front of the West Ham fans. In fact, City fans stood in front of the Police and were chanting ”are you watching Arsenal” along with the West Ham fans in the away end.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.