Pitch invasions

If some people want to go on the pitch and celebrate why not? Isn't that what football is all about euphoria? Losing control deleriously?

I just don't get what the issue is.

The whole point of going to football is to watch enthralling matches and cheer and boo when you feel like it.

If some people want to go on the pitch and celebrate why not? Isn't that what football is all about euphoria? Losing control deleriously?

I did it at home to Charlton in 85, and City fans did it at Bradford away, at Blackburn away, and countless other times even after the QPR match.

Okay, so we win more frequently now, is it getting boring for you? If so, give up your season ticket and let someone who has passion and joy take your place instead.

There are occasions when it gets put of hand, like the breaking of the cross bar last season and their goaly getting a punch off some clown. We've all done stupid things at times. And you'll always get one or two, but it's not as it they're rioting and fighting each other.

We're forever being told in this country, you've got to do this and that, you've got to behave like this and that, don't swear, don't drop your Ts, Gs and Hs, don't drink, don't smoke, don't eat fatty food, don't gamble, but we all do some or all of these things anyway.

Should we all be quiet throughout the game, occasionally gasp and politely aplaud each goal?

If you want to sanitise football, that much just sit at home and watch it on TV.
Euphoria? Losing control deleriously?
We'd won the match before it had kicked off. Before Arsenal lost it we kn ew it was in the bag. There was euphoria involved. Just a bunch of numpties queuing pushing to the front before the final whistle so they can walk on to the pitch and take a selfie or do a knee slide while holding up the trophy presentation.

I don't think anyone would have an issue if europhis was involved but there was literally no reason for fans to go onto the pitch on Sunday.

Alternatively in respect of your 7th paragraph. No longer in this country/world does a large proportion of the general population have respect for fellow mankind.

See the example of the man who had to leave early with their disabled friend.

The 80% who don’t want to run onto the pitch are robbed of the chance to celebrate with the players not hidden away in the dressing room.

Selfish behaviour brushed aside as though anyone wishing to try and fail to maintain decency and respect is “killjoy”.
I fail to see how a pitch invasion of 5-10 minutes is an issue. There is no guarantee if the pitch invasion didn't happen that the presentation would start any sooner. Would all the staff, players and officials be ready? The players certainly need some time to sort themselves out after the final whistle, and we've no idea how long that is.

There is no guarantee how much time the referee will add on either, in some games it's been 8 minutes in each half, in others none.

If you have to leave at a certain time for any reason, you have to go then, the game won't finish earlier just for you, and it's the same with a presentation after the game.

When you cheer a goal, boo a decision or boo the opposition, you're hardly being respectful or decent, to the referee, the opposition or their supporters, you're just expressing yourself and showing you don't care about their feelings. So please don't pretend you have some sort of moral high ground, when you don't.

Euphoria? Losing control deleriously?
We'd won the match before it had kicked off. Before Arsenal lost it we kn ew it was in the bag. There was euphoria involved. Just a bunch of numpties queuing pushing to the front before the final whistle so they can walk on to the pitch and take a selfie or do a knee slide while holding up the trophy presentation.

I don't think anyone would have an issue if europhis was involved but there was literally no reason for fans to go onto the pitch on Sunday.
I've been going to watch City for 40 years, this is the 7th time we've won the league, and I still get excited about winning the league, it won't last forever.

For some of those people it's the first time they've been at the Etihad to see us do it.

If this was the last time we ever win the league, and it might be, I'm sure you'd look back and wish you'd celebrated more.

I've been going to watch City for 40 years, this is the 7th time we've won the league, and I still get excited about winning the league, it won't last forever.

For some of those people it's the first time they've been at the Etihad to see us do it.

If this was the last time we ever win the league, and it might be, I'm sure you'd look back and wish you'd celebrated more.

Some people celebrated by having an extra glass of champers or gave a street urchin an extra half a guinea so they can get some better pie and ale.

Me too, Ted. Never take it for granted.

And telling younger supporters they shouldn't get excited because it's not as big as 1999 or 2000 or 2012 is just mean.

Not that I'd ever go on the pitch myself, too pissed up.

I fail to see how a pitch invasion of 5-10 minutes is an issue. There is no guarantee if the pitch invasion didn't happen that the presentation would start any sooner. Would all the staff, players and officials be ready? The players certainly need some time to sort themselves out after the final whistle, and we've no idea how long that is.

There is no guarantee how much time the referee will add on either, in some games it's been 8 minutes in each half, in others none.

If you have to leave at a certain time for any reason, you have to go then, the game won't finish earlier just for you, and it's the same with a presentation after the game.

When you cheer a goal, boo a decision or boo the opposition, you're hardly being respectful or decent, to the referee, the opposition or their supporters, you're just expressing yourself and showing you don't care about their feelings. So please don't pretend you have some sort of moral high ground, when you don't.
Equating an illegal pitch invasion against repeated requests of the club and against the majority of fellow fans with the amount of extra time to be added is a new and very strange attempt at justification.

It’s not the time issue - they take far too long to set the thing up anyway. It’s the selfishness. I want to do it so I will.

My point was it’s a sign of a decline in standards in society generally. More litter, more people who don’t care about others. Pants

I fail to see how a pitch invasion of 5-10 minutes is an issue.
Of course you don't, i suspect you are a lot younger than me, so read my post earlier in the thread and it might suggest why it is an issue to some fans.

Not every match going fan is fit and able to invade the pitch and celebrate, perhaps I was when I was much younger, but never considered it, i did not invade the pitch at Maine Road when we won the play off Semi, I was not on the pitch at Blackburn. Now I am older I do consider others around me, the work I do has helped me appreciate why exclusion from an event is unfair and has consequences.

I don't want to spoil fans enjoyment of special moments, but when we won the league with 93.20 we had a motto of #together We should celebrate together and that means don't leave people out, no fan is anymore important than any other, respect other fans and let them enjoy the day as well.

Not many things surprise me these days but the things people on here get embarrassed about still manages to regularly hit the mark.
So tell me what was the point of going on the pitch yesterday other than self-gratification and a picture for social media

It wasn’t done out of a sense of excitement on Sunday, more a sense of monotonous routine, anyway enough about my sex life
I think that’s my point… (not the sex life)

If you invade the pitch on every trophy and every win than it devalues the time it really matters

Don’t get me wrong - i went on the pitch against Wigan, 93:20 and last season - there is always a time and place… but Sunday was just crass and I suspect was mostly people wanting to post ‘their’ success to social media… I’m looking back on the pictures on my phone and I’ll say 90% of people have their phones out on the pitch - not exactly wild celebration more narcissistic behaviour

I even took a picture of a man and woman carrying their toddlers (with mum loaded with bags and coats) like it was a day-out down the beach!

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.