PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

My opinion for what it's worth is that City will be offered a deal to not go to the high court, a slap on the wrist if we accept guilt of some kind.

If we do accept that and fall into line I wont have anything more to do with the club, but if we adopt a scorched earth policy I am off to the club shop to stock up on scarves, the decision is theirs to make.
I suspect City could have cut a deal four years ago if they wanted to. Khaldoon won’t take another unfair pinch so this is going all the way in my view.

Not quite. He was manager in 2011/12 and the following season, the first two under FFP.

But this isn't about FFP. It's about 'hiding' some of his remuneration using this Al Jazira consultancy contract. I suspect they're saying that we should have paid him that £1.5m through our accounts, so have understated our expenses.

But that amount makes sod all difference. If it had been £10m then that's probably something to worry about but not £1.5m. It's just not material.
Sorry Col - I was referring to Premier League FFP which came in in 2013. Obviously UEFA FFP had been around for a while longer.

Anyway, as you say it's not really a FFP issue and like others I'm not sure whatever has gone on with Mancini's wages that it's much of a smoking gun

Something that I'd like our legal experts on here to give an opinion on, if they would.
I've understood that in this case there is no court of appeal, as such. There is no CAS. At the worst, City can appeal the decision and then a second commission made up of different members would be constituted by the PL.
Moving on to a whole other ball park, can City in fact bring a civil suit against the PL in the courts for something like defamation of character (it obviously wouldn't be the term used) if they want to up the stakes?
(By the way, I'm not saying I think it would be a good idea. Just wondering if it's possible.)

Last edited:
Piss off. You wanted an opinion and you got one.
The wrong word almost puts it on a par with the famous "Man United the religon" banner from a cup final many years ago.
They hate us. Cause: they ain't us. Might make some sense.

I didn't want an opinion I said it was a good banner someone made for Sunday. Somebody made an effort but all he gets is some prick like you picking fault you miserable dick.

If this turns as toxic as it could and probably will, the journo’s coming to City will probably need to take additional care from a personal safety point of view. It can’t be long before photo’s with names attached are put out there on social media. It would only take one fan that’s been ‘unhinged’ by this situation which has been fuelled by the press who are now on a wankfest of biblical proportions, to do something unpleasant. I certainly wouldn’t want to be a journo coming to City over the next year or so, particularly those with a track record of throwing shit at the club.
Something similar to this actually happened in the early years of the takeover. Photos of journalists who had slagged us off with their "ruining football" type comments were circulated in Mary Ds before one of our home games and fans were being encouraged to give them stick as they arrived at the ground.

I certainly don't approve of physical attacks but any journalist guilty of spouting unsubstantiated bollocks about us deserves to be called out on it

I’m no lawyer but I don’t buy any of this “private club and no recourse in the courts” narrative.

This will 100% end up in the courts as nothing and no one operates outside of the law.
I think the problem is that private clubs can make rules that might be a bit strange but are accepted if they don't break the law of the land. So you can't have a private club with a rule saying new members have to kill someone to be a member. I'm not sure a rule stating "Member clubs are not allowed to make the cartel of cry-baby clubs cry" is contrary to the law of the land.
However I doubt the PL would get away with having people linked to the rags, dippers and arse acting as prosecution, judge and jury.

If this turns as toxic as it could and probably will, the journo’s coming to City will probably need to take additional care from a personal safety point of view. It can’t be long before photo’s with names attached are put out there on social media. It would only take one fan that’s been ‘unhinged’ by this situation which has been fuelled by the press who are now on a wankfest of biblical proportions, to do something unpleasant. I certainly wouldn’t want to be a journo coming to City over the next year or so, particularly those with a track record of throwing shit at the club.
Are you trying to goad me into doing something?

The only reason to risk it is that if they know their fate is already sealed. Having been involved in the results of several white papers as an interested key stakeholder I can Tell you for certain that PL already know exactly what it will say and that makes the risk they are taking much more understandable if they know that they are being replaced as a regulator. It also fits into the conspiracy theory that City have driven this to give themselves the chance to finally prove that they are straight shooters and have done nothing wrong. I am Not a conspiracy theorist, but it does fit a narrative of sorts.
It does look like the last throw of the dice for the PL as a regulator. Football is just too big globally not to be properly regulated. It is the same with European football.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.