PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Once again for the hard of hearing...

The Liverpool 'hack' was no such thing. Pinto (and most probably many others) hacked pretty much everybody including the people investigating him. As said previously, if someone with the skill or resources wants to, they will hack you.
A hack is defined as unauthorised access to computer files. Why was the Liverpool hack “no such thing”?

I agree. Why would the lawyers (and Barristers) working for the PL support 115 charges if they thought they couldn't win? Their reputation will be trashed if we lose. If the PL have only got the same quality of evidence as UEFA did then they will be totally humiliated. Very well-paid lawyers are usually very cautious when it comes to their own reputations. I think the situation is a lot more complex than we realise.

They made errors in their statement, which would or should have been verified by their lawyers. Ultimately the Barristers are all very highly qualified but only as good as the evidence they're given and the party they're working for. If the PL aren't really sense-checking information or accepting advice then the Barristers are snookered. It's a promising sign that after 4 years they made errors in their statement. That doesn't suggest they're a well-oiled machine.

Thanks you for the clarity you've shown. Even the honest Rag fans I know believe it's a blatant stitch-up to stop City.

However, seeing as they're the main beneficiaries of FFP & love nothing more than seeing shit hurled at City, they don't care. \0/

Arsenal, Liverpool, ManUre & Spuds ARE the Premier League. The rest of us just make up the numbers. If the PL was just those 4 playing each other every week without boring the world to death, they'd go for it.

Chelsea were grudgingly accepted into their club, but City owned by a Brown Muslim Billionaire oil man? No chance were the white American owned red tops going to accept this!

They also know the worst case scenario for them is an independent football regulator where they lose control of English football. They're TERRIFIED at the prospect.

HOWEVER, there's an even biggest threat which they fear the most... I'll happily campaign for the principles of FFP as long as it's equally applied to ALL UK industries?

Why should the Premier League be the only industry to care so much about the liquidity & finances of the businesses within their sector, & whether it's fair or not that a minted owner can invest his own money into his business?

Let's have FFP applied to EVERY UK business & then let's see how quickly it gets fucked off! It's the whole protectionist concept of FFP that's at fault, NOT MCFC trying to compete in a corrupt competition...
Well said Sir

From the BBC, is Kevin Parker really the GS of the supporters club?? If so would he (or any City fan) say that the past achievements would be tainted??
I don’t know but he doesn’t speak for me…..and he should be careful what he says because the media will think he represents the views of us all.

Been thinking about the likely outcome and my prediction is we will be found guilty of non cooperation - fine of about £10m. Then all the financial ones we will be found not guilty but they will word it in a way that allows the press and other fans to continue to presume we were actually guilty. Something like not quite enough evidence or didn't meet a threshold.

It's gone way past that stage, this is now a fight for the serious players, hence Lord Pannick, and as Tolmie has hinted, a guest appearance by no other than HRH Sheik Mansour, I would love to be a fly on the wall when he rocks up in his Saville Row finest and some no mark from the PL accuses him off cooking the books, a true popcorn moment.
Is Mansour likely to appear? Wow.

Last edited:
Been thinking about the likely outcome and my prediction is we will be found guilty of non cooperation - fine of about £10m. Then all the financial ones we will be found not guilty but they will word it in a way that allows the press and other fans to continue to presume we were actually guilty. Something like not quite enough evidence or didn't meet a threshold.
There isn't going to be a big "not guilty" line in a report of this manner. The best case will be something like the CAS report like "failed to prove" "insufficient evidence" etc etc. Of course this will be a stick used to beat us, but given what will happen to us if it is demonstrated to a decent burden of proof who cares.

A hack is defined as unauthorised access to computer files. Why was the Liverpool hack “no such thing”?
They used someone's log in details that they'd retained from their time there, that is not a 'hack' and I couldn't give a rats arse what any 'definition' you intend to bring up says.

Fraud is a slip of the tongue perhaps on my side - if it’s a true scenario where we didn’t report a £750k ‘second salary’ for Mancini to BDO, then 100% if asked BDO would fall back upon the requirement for the club to provide input on known material (by audit threshold) items…

And honestly, as the amount is so completely inconsequential, IF - and we don’t actually know it was ‘hidden’ in City’s statutory accounts numbers - it would be so phenomenally dumb from City’s executives that they would deserve a public GoT style flogging.

And I don’t believe the executive team are that dumb.

*edit* I am only discussing a scenario whereby Mancini had a contract with a City UK entity, paid via Al-Jazeera.

If he had a contract direct with Al-Jazeera, paid by them in full then at worst case it’s a minor item not included in an FFP submission.

Fai enough, I just don't see the point discussing hypothetical financial fraud on a City forum. Let them wank themselves silly about that in the press.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.