PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Crouch and Hewitt should be made to catch a ball, take a proper throw-in and be quizzed about away goals before setting foot in that room.
Parry has his tentacles everywhere. Two of the three speaking to the Government (Parry and Debbie Hewitt FA Chair) are lifelong LFC fans based in Cheshire. Richard Masters (Aston Villa fan) has very close links to MUFC Directors who vetted his appointment. And so the Circus rolls on.
The timing of the investigation of City (and now Everton) seems like a political stunt by the PL to show the Government that football doesn't need an independent regulator but I think it might backfire.

Parry has his tentacles everywhere. Two of the three speaking to the Government (Parry and Debbie Hewitt FA Chair) are lifelong LFC fans based in Cheshire. Richard Masters (Aston Villa fan) has very close links to MUFC Directors who vetted his appointment. And so the Circus rolls on.
The timing of the investigation of City (and now Everton) seems like a political stunt by the PL to show the Government that football doesn't need an independent regulator but I think it might backfire.
Since they blackmailed the FA to form the PL, United and Liverpool (mainly) along with Arsenal and Spurs tagging along behind, have been pulling all the strings... I would love us to expose the whole corrupt nest of vipers!

The fact that these betting syndicates (Who can control all refs in the PL) havent done the same (and made a killing) on Fulham/West Ham/Bournemouth is totally lost on him... cue some ridiculous theory on that!

....And I actually believe corruption of some sorts does happen, but these guys make it all sound fkin ridiculous!
The problem with conspiracy theories is that there are a lot of cranks out there spouting such theories... and if anyone reveals a true conspircacy, it's easy for the powers-that-be to spin it so they appear to be cranks too...
Social media and the internet help push narratives... especially now with troll/bot farms and the advent of A.I... it would be easy to bury a truth under a mountain of conspiracy accusations.

Nobody is getting anything like a grand on a 5,000/1 shot. Would be pointless anyway, as the max. payout on most football bets at most major bookies at the time was £500,000. The highest reported bet on Leicester pre season was £50 and that was cashed out well before the end of the season. The highest recorded bet that was left to run the course was £10.

As a gambler, one of the first things you learn is that nothing can be ruled out and anything that can happen, has a chance of happening. No matter how unlikely.

But the thought of a whole bunch of referees colluding pre season to help Leicester to the title, is in the category of “pretty unlikely” for me.
The thing about conspiracy theories, is that some of them are right, at least in part, the problem is the people that are most inclined to believe them are usually incapable of applying facts and logic to the theory, especially if it’s a juicy one.

They let their hearts rule their heads too readily, because they so want it to be true, principally for reasons of self-vindication.

Too many people would need to be in on this to make it remotely plausible.

The PEDs thing, maybe I guess, but the notion that there was a widespread conspiracy to make Leicester win the league that year from before a ball was kicked descends into the realms of the absurd.

The thing about conspiracy theories, is that some of them are right, at least in part, the problem is the people that are most inclined to believe them are usually incapable of applying facts and logic to the theory, especially if it’s a juicy one.

They let their hearts rule their heads too readily, because they so want it to be true, principally for reasons of self-vindication.

Too many people would need to be in on this to make it remotely plausible.

The PEDs thing, maybe I guess, but the notion that there was a widespread conspiracy to make Leicester win the league that year from before a ball was kicked descends into the realms of the absurd.
Spot-on. Over the years there have undoubtedly been instances of corruption, drugs cheating, match-fixing, bungs, and there is a lot of skullduggery between clubs off the field (including a campaign against City by LFC, MUFC, and AFC). But that doesn't mean there is some over-arching conspiracy. There have always been opportunist crooks in all walks of life and always will be.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.