PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

The only 2 sports journalists who called out ffp for the correct protectionist, anti-competitive practice it is was Martin Samuel & Stuart Brennan (now retired). In my eyes Martin is the only decent sports journalist out there. The rest of them aren't worth a wank.
Agree entirely

The only 2 sports journalists who called out ffp for the correct protectionist, anti-competitive practice it is was Martin Samuel & Stuart Brennan (now retired). In my eyes Martin is the only decent sports journalist out there. The rest of them aren't worth a wank.
There was an article in the daily mail last week by Stuart Brennan

That’s a really good point, I mean it is their money. I mean technically they own a portion of the club. If they don’t meet the repayments, they’ll be huge problems, so yeah, they have a strangle hold over them for sure. The best example of this though is with Barca.

Barca are a club who are in over £1B in debt and have just taken another finance deal for over £1B to revamp their stadium. They still owe £100M in transfer fees to around 20 clubs and another £100M in wages to players. I believe they’ve not actually paid the full amount of money for Coutinho yet, and I’m not even joking. But yet they spent £100M in the last transfer window and complied with FFP!

Barca sold 25% of their television rights for the next 25 years, to a private equity company. They sold 25% of their production company and 49% of Barca TV. They sold their soul a long time ago, but now they’re selling their future and their history. The rumours are, next they’ll sell the ‘Licensing and Merchandising arm’ of the club, reportedly for £175M. Then more television rights, possibly for around £425M. Which means they’ll be able to splash again and comply with the farcical FFP. But our owner isn’t allowed to give us money from his own pocket. It’s beyond a joke.
Excellent piece,but too sum it up certain clubs are and will be allowed to rack up even more debt,and owe on outstanding wages,as it’s conveniently ignored and brushed under the carpet after they take a cursory inspection or at least let on to ..

Our good friends from Trafford are NOT £500m in debt, that is not true.

it’s actually £1000m or a cool billion…

I’ve never bought or even valued a business but I struggle to understand how anyone would put a sale value on this at £7 billion which is the figure I keep reading in the press.

I’ve never bought or even valued a business but I struggle to understand how anyone would put a sale value on this at £7 billion which is the figure I keep reading in the press.
City, bought for £200m, investment somewhere around £1.5B, current value, around £3-4B. the rags, current alleged value £5-7B. New stadium required, new training facilities, squad improvements, shipping out duds. So I would guess whoever buys them will need around £8-10B to reach anywhere near our level. How can that be an attractive business proposition, it can’t hence they are way overvalued and anyone who buys is certain to take on a huge deficit. Who and why? Oh and they don’t have a shirt sponsor.

City, bought for £200m, investment somewhere around £1.5B, current value, around £3-4B. the rags, current alleged value £5-7B. New stadium required, new training facilities, squad improvements, shipping out duds. So I would guess whoever buys them will need around £8-10B to reach anywhere near our level. How can that be an attractive business proposition, it can’t hence they are way overvalued and anyone who buys is certain to take on a huge deficit. Who and why? Oh and they don’t have a shirt sponsor.
New owner should pay 7 billion, and take out a loan. Out of the frying pan and into the fire, please.

Imagine them going out of business ha ha Possible if someone gets rinsed of 6-7 billion.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.