PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

The Premier League and The Champions League were supposed to protect the status quo for the old guard. Instead, a club like City has emerged from the shadows and is now eating handsomely at the top table. The last 10 to 12 years must have been very painful viewing for the people associated with the old guard clubs. A pain that is so intense that they would take their battle against City off the pitch in order to try to remove City from the top echelons of football and try to damage the legacy of the club. They have failed miserably so far. What a job the people at City have done during this coordinated campaign by the old guard clubs. City have the strongest brand. Play the best football. Have the best manager, the strongest brand and hence the highest revenues. Many reasons to be cheerful. There is one battle to be won. The PL charges. Come on City! We can do this.
i honestly believe that some at the top table just thought we'd be about for a few years, maybe win a cup or two, and then the sheikh would get bored and bugger off, and we'd be back to being just a mid table prem team and no bother to the top 6. how wrong were they! :-)

i honestly believe that some at the top table just thought we'd be about for a few years, maybe win a cup or two, and then the sheikh would get bored and bugger off, and we'd be back to being just a mid table prem team and no bother to the top 6. how wrong were they! :-)

When you think about it, it's quite racist how everyone just assumed the rich Arabic man couldn't possibly be interested in anything more than having a toy to keep himself entertained for a few years.

i think this view was widespread in the early days/months and even years, and it was not confined to "the top table". I remember bluemooners posting in to say that we'd never be anywhere as big as the rags but they didn't care if we could just win a cup. There was little trust in assertions that the new owners were going to build a self-sustaining elite club. We were going to be "stuffed" by FFP and as late as 2020 some bluemooners still believed UEFA must have cogent evidence against City to go to CAS. Even the verdict didn't blow that idea apart! As far as the top six are concerned I think there is a total inability to grasp that the cosy world they helped to create/inherited has crumbled so rapidly and devastatingly and they can only assume that the only cause can be cheating. The top six have always been the top six - and they always ought to be! What kind of football world is it in which 'istry and tradishun count for nothing when up against dirty oil money? And 'istry an' tradishun should far outweigh the need for evidence.

Yes - just popping out heads up for a season like Blackburn in the 90's to create an illusion that it's not a closed shop. If you look at when ffp was introduced I think the penny must have dropped about six months prior.

i think this view was widespread in the early days/months and even years, and it was not confined to "the top table". I remember bluemooners posting in to say that we'd never be anywhere as big as the rags but they didn't care if we could just win a cup. There was little trust in assertions that the new owners were going to build a self-sustaining elite club. We were going to be "stuffed" by FFP and as late as 2020 some bluemooners still believed UEFA must have cogent evidence against City to go to CAS. Even the verdict didn't blow that idea apart! As far as the top six are concerned I think there is a total inability to grasp that the cosy world they helped to create/inherited has crumbled so rapidly and devastatingly and they can only assume that the only cause can be cheating. The top six have always been the top six - and they always ought to be! What kind of football world is it in which 'istry and tradishun count for nothing when up against dirty oil money? And 'istry an' tradishun should far outweigh the need for evidence.
Cracking post spoiled by very shoddy spelling.

;)

Thing is, daft brain dead cunts posting this, don’t they realise that we have been cleared by UEFA, why they using image of Champions league trophy, when it should be an image of the PL trophy as they are the ones we’re having the charges made by
Should be more abortions in this country then they’d be less cunts breathing the same air as normal educated people

Yes. I think the whole saga started with Bayern/Der Spiegl (not the hacking itself but the targeting of City). Then it was picked up by UEFA and the leaks started from the Investigating Committee to LFC and MUFC officials who briefed the media to keep the pot boiling. I don't think it was a grand conspiracy all the way through though. Pinto was initially targeting Sporting and Benfica but City were collateral damage. Bayern stuck the knife in first. Then LFC and MUFC (helped by Leterme) took an opportunity to spread some more poison. And they are still doing it with the PL inquiry. Based on what I have heard from people I trust, and some of the best comments on this forum, I believe this version of events is very close to what happened.
As for me I just want to watch the football and hopefully a City win.
All this crap in the background is turning me off football along with ffp, var, overpaid players who then don't even put a shift in, the entitled
cabal and their cheerleaders etc.

City should form a new entity called Manchester City 2023 or Continuity M.C.F.C. or something.
This would solve 2 problems.
1. History. We wouldn't have any.
2 With no Manchester City anymore our accusers would then have no one to charge!
Haha.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.