PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

There was a report that it was used as one reason not to join City in thev Bellingham saga. I don't think it was the main reason he went elsewhere. Clearly if serious punishment comes our way the scenario changes and the situation gets worse. All I am saying is that it is not helping our planning for the future.
I will now refrain from further comment on this and await what will hopefully be good news down the line.
Good idea to stop posting. Maybe stop agonising about how successful we could have been had it not been for the charges. Like you I am terribly disappointed about outcomes from last season, our ongoing meteoric increase in revenue, stadium expansion plans and the new arena etc.
If only we had known our place, kept Thaskin and prevented the takeover by the ADUG.

From reading the piece @projectriver put together a few weeks back. I’d hazard a guess the arguing points are the 6 year limitations in English law of how far the Premier league can go back unless it’s deemed as major fraud. These would be the sticking points, if it is major fraud is a three man independent forum the right place to hear and adjudicate on the evidence? They have a high bar to jump through to prove what allegations they have put against City if so.
Is the bar just on balance of possibility? Seems low to me.

There was a report that it was used as one reason not to join City in thev Bellingham saga. I don't think it was the main reason he went elsewhere. Clearly if serious punishment comes our way the scenario changes and the situation gets worse. All I am saying is that it is not helping our planning for the future.
I will now refrain from further comment on this and await what will hopefully be good news down the line.
Why post negative comments when we have just had our most successful season ever. Why not just trust our owners when they say that we have evidence to prove we are not guilty of the charges. I know who I believe and that is the most successful owners in football today and not the clowns in charge of football in England. Just wait for the outcome and I think you will have worried over nothing. Believe in our owners!

M8 have a read of this. It's from one of the experts in here. He really knows the case, he doesn't know the likely outcome though but suggests how serious the charges are.

You do sound like you've been battered by the media pov on this, they will make anyone believe anything, and that certainly seems the case with City. The piece below highlights how the media work, how they use the information in the ugliest way to make City seem guilty. And we might be, like you say, but it's useful to see a more balanced point of view from experts who are not biased.

My brother. Is a massive City fan but spends most of his retired time watching Sky Sports etc. so he has been brainwashed into the normal media version of the charges.

I try to change his mindset but his lifestyle prevents change. He even still has not discovered IPTV.

Better get used to it, the media and their major fan providers control the news.

If Bellingham had wanted to come to City but was worried about the charges why not just get a clause written into his contract ? Sure City wouldnt mind as City know they have done nothing wrong.

Again a story made up by the press/media to try and upset our transfers.

The laughable thing is that it took the PL 4 years to get to the point of charging City, yet some on here expect us to get our defence of the charges together in a couple of weeks.

Genius

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.