PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Have we as a Club at any point said enoughs enough, here is the evidence we haven't done any of this, get it sorted now or have we genuinely delayed things? That seems to be the rhetoric now, that we consistently delay and put blocks in the way, I'd rather it was sorted once and for all personally and if guilty fair enough, it's totally sapping any enjoyment of football when all anyone wants to talk about is us cheating, it's boring the living daylights out of me in fact.

The vast majority know very little about FFP and even less about our charges (or Everton's). Even if we were found "guilty" of all the charges, we're talking about probably £12.5m per year. I thought it was slightly more but Reuters estimated the image rights as £10m, whereas I thought it was around £17m. That's nowhere near enough to turn meeting the PL's FSR into failing them, as Everton did.

And none of our charges post-date 2018, so for the last five years, while we've won all these trophies under Pep, there's been no problem.
So in laymen’s terms if they did have a similar metric to the 1 suggested by the premier league to that suggested by the prem off 6 plus 1 per 5mill they could do 1 of 2 things.
6 points per year for 6 years plus 3 points for each of those seasons so 54 points or 6 points for failing plus 6x12.5 giving you 75, decided by 5 equalling a further 15 points so a total of 21 point deduction?

Well, it's certainly been a tidal wave of excitement across the various media channels in the past week, some pundits and former players of the 'Red Cartel' are like kids on Christmas Eve. The excitement has reached fever pitch on the basis that Everton have been docked 10 points.

It's hilarious to see so many apparent experts now give us a play by play on what will happen to City, ranging from League Two, complete expulsion and the stripping of titles. Rio Ferdinand being a particularly embarrassing example demanding Joleon Lescott personally delivers his Premier League medal to him... classless, but then we know all about his track record were class is concerned.

Make no mistake about it, its us against the world at this point. There is a real desire to see City get what they believe we deserve for having the absolute cheek to not only compete, but break records along the way and redefine what a footballing success story looks like. "Typical City" became about us typically wiping the floor with the opposition, no longer a joke... they didn't like that did they?

They can try all they want, but they can't erase Balotelli's "Why Always Me?" 6-1 derby, Aguero's 93:20 winner, Vinny's rocket against Leicester, Gundogan's heroics against Villa or Rodri's calm finish in June to wrap up the Champions League. Those are our memorable moments, and when the club comes out of the other side, I hope they go all guns blazing at those trying to tarnish everything achieved.

So in laymen’s terms if they did have a similar metric to the 1 suggested by the premier league to that suggested by the prem off 6 plus 1 per 5mill they could do 1 of 2 things.
6 points per year for 6 years plus 3 points for each of those seasons so 54 points or 6 points for failing plus 6x12.5 giving you 75, decided by 5 equalling a further 15 points so a total of 21 point deduction?
We'd probably being around even money for the league even in this scenario

Watching that YouTube clip posted earlier, and I'm once again struck that Stefan is just about the only person on the whole British media landscape who knows what he's talking about in relation to this case.

His point that this is either truly one of the great corporate accounting scandals or the PL have unknowingly overstepped its authority is a comfort tbh. I don't thinkt they have the evidence to prove what they have alleged, and if they have then we need to accept our punishment.
And if that’s what the premier league are alleging,then even if we are found guilty over just non cooperation,surely the club would have grounds to claim compensation over false claims of fraud and wrongdoing ..

but about 8 of the charges are for not complying with UEFA FFP rules. So by that definition alone United, Liverpool, Leicester, Everton and anyone else who couldn't pass UEFA FFP should be charged as well
United failed UEFA FFP but have not been charged by the PL yet. I don't think any of the others have failed UEFA FFP, for various reasons including falling out of UEFA competitions for certain years.

Of course not. Let's be clear, the only reason this investigation came about was because of the Football Leaks emails, for which we only have ourselves to blame.
An out of context email trail used to deliberately and actively destroy the club is not proportionate to the abuse and punishment we have received via the media, Uefa and now the premier. The alleged crime was quashed at CAS. No evidence of any wrong doing.

Human failings is always going to happen but to say we brought this on ourselves is not right Imo. We didn’t ask to be hacked by a criminal and the club produced sufficient evidence to refute the allegations.

An Innocent mistake turned into death by a thousand cuts.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.