PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Only 3 possible outcomes to this;

1. EPL prove their case, fines and/or points and/or relegation and/or titles stripped. Result - 50k+ crowds in League 2
2. Gets mucky, drags out, OVO go all the way and sue the tw*ts. Result - 3 or 4 more years of reputational stain, and owners double down on investment and quality in the meantime*
3. City get quick hearing and whole thing bombed out. Result - another year of sh*te, then back to where we are now

Personally I think it's 2 unfortunately ..

Couple of things do concern me;

1. Our statement did not say 'these allegations are categorically untrue', which makes me think they are going for the interpretation defense
2. *Owners have not released any statement to the effect of 'whatever the outcome, we are here for the long term' to give the fanbase assurances/boil the piss elsewhere. Might be too early for that, but would be nice to know our sponsorship deals in League 2 would rival Wrexham's :-)

One other consideration, this isn't just about Abu Dhabi - Silverlake, a US base globally recognized Investment firm own c20% of the group - EPL would ruin their investor friendly environment plan for the league that attracted the US investors initially and underpins the valuations of most clubs, unless that is the plan so Dippers and Pride of Singapore can get their target asking prices for their sales ..

Never dull ..

The consequences for the losing party in this affair are nigh on cataclysmic. It seems the PL has gone all in and the initial thoughts would be that they have serious evidence of the alleged breaches. But this is City and we've been here before with UEFA. I just cannot believe we've been so slack or arrogant to behave like this, and the little snippets from the club today support my view. This is going to be a colossal showdown.
I'm sure during or near the very end of the UEFA investigation the PL wanted to call it quits or give up on there own findings

It was the 9 prem clubs who wanted more action???

Manchester City FC is surprised by the issuing of these alleged breaches of the Premier League Rules, particularly given the extensive engagement and vast amount of detailed materials that the EPL has been provided with.
The Club welcomes the review of this matter by an independent Commission, to impartially consider the comprehensive body of irrefutable evidence that exists in support of its position.
As such we look forward to this matter being put to rest once and for all.
Fucking have ago you twats.

Must listen imo

Lloyd Scragg is usually quite negative about us and was about CAS at this same stage. He was also earlier quoting Delaney ffs. He has ties to the media and is one of those wanting to strengthen his position there even if it means throwing the club under a bus.

Last edited:
Question - if the Premier league are trying to hang stuff on City on accounts up the season 17-18. Why at the same time are Uefa not doing so at the same time? They have access to our accounts and audit it for FFP purposes and having referenced anything towards breaches they tried to do us for in Summer 2020. If Uefa haven’t got a smoking gun how come the premier league has?
Don’t give em any ideas jeeez

The big worry is Peps future at City now , he cited political reasons , and his constant expectation to fend off the press and fans at Barcelona as to why he left,as a result , make no mistake about - city have just become political overnight , he hates the press as it is , and now the prodding and questioning will increase tenfold , I hate to say it , but I fear the end is coming for Peps time at City , guilty or innocent , this shit has just got serious.
This isn't a crisis like Barcelona, no one is trying to cut down/undermine pep powers or control here, it's bigger than him, it's about the club but we're lucky to have a strong character like him in these times. As for PL, they're desperate to see one of their favourites get space and break city's dominance, club should come out with nothing to loose and may look into ESL because it will happen one day anyway

The evidence from this case has originated from an illegal source. In my opinion if they are willing to investigate City for charges such as ‘grass length’ - then surely this should be the same for every PL club and also how many of these charges are serious enough for punishment.

They’re not charging us for grass length. That’s just people looking at the wrong rule book from the wrong year, finding rule K.20 and assuming K.20 is the same every year. It isn’t.

I only became aware of these allegations when I watched the 1 o'clock news and I certainly haven't read the charges themselves but I get the clear impression that this is almost a rerun of the UEFA charges. The difference may be that the PL believes it has cut off the right of appeal, so that the verdict of their impartial commission is final. City and the courts are unlikely to go along with that. The courts would not be interested in PL rules but would apply the law, which would be bad news for the PL since our accounts have been signed off every year as a true and complete record of our financial activities. I would appreciate it if PB could give me the benefit of his opinion on my comments.
There are plenty of companies who had their accounts signed off by one of the big 4 accountancy firms but were 'at it'. Enron springs to mind.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.