PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

We're fortunate to have someone as knowledgeable and articulate as Stefan to provide an alternative to much of the nonsense that's been put out by the media regarding our case. Simon Jordan is a rude, obnoxious dickhead though, constantly interjecting and trying to talk over people.
Journalists (and obviously use that term v loosely for Jordan) only do that when the interviewee is talking sensibly, rationally & in a way which shuts down the story. Jordan has no skill & a huge ego ‘I have legal experience as well’ cockwomble

No matter the outcome, we're still going to beat with the stick by moronic social media attention seekers and knuckle dragging armchair followers of the red shirt has-been's.

Once we're cleared of any serious wrong doing it'll be 'bungs' this and 'brown envelopes' that. The perception of us being cheats, in the minds of the bitter and thick won't change and we'll all still be recipients of barbed comments both online and in person.

Personally, I don't give too much of a toss what comes out of the mouth of some no-mark who has no idea what it's like to actually support a team and I imagine the same can be said for most blues.

What does really interest me though is the next move for the red shirt has-been's once we're cleared of any serious wrong doing.

Where do they go from there once they realise that we probably can't be touched for at least another decade with regard challenging for the major trophies? Another decade like the one we've just had will probably put us in a league of our own financially (domestically at least).

European Super League?

We saw the outrage amongst the supporters the last time that was put forward. It'd possibly kill the match going support and would owners/executives of those clubs really go down that route again?

They'll give up on us and kept pushing for enforcement of any rules to prevent a similar story to protect their positions. Newcastle are stifled by the current rules and it means they can continue to stay at the top of the table even without too much investment and draw a profit each year which is ideal for them. Spend enough to make the CL spots and cash in but not too much that it prevents the owners making money.

The other clubs at the time felt some protection too. It enabled them to have an excuse not to spend too much and prevented lots of new owners coming in and threatening their position in the league.

That has backfired for plenty.

The club won't give a shit if others think we broke the rules still. I certainly don't care as a fan. The rules are nonsense but probably benefit us more than anybody else now.

The Premier league have City, Everton and Forest on the naughty step with Chelsea to be added soon and who knows who else.
The financial regulations are a disaster for football, players aren't moving for transfer fees, it's like a recession where everyone tightens their belts and everyone ends up poorer.
Football was fine for the first 120 years without this interference. A big spending Newcastle would be great for the league and football in general, like when Mansour bought City.
I've no idea what the endgame is but it's not looking good.

The Premier league have City, Everton and Forest on the naughty step with Chelsea to be added soon and who knows who else.
The financial regulations are a disaster for football, players aren't moving for transfer fees, it's like a recession where everyone tightens their belts and everyone ends up poorer.
Football was fine for the first 120 years without this interference. A big spending Newcastle would be great for the league and football in general, like when Mansour bought City.
I've no idea what the endgame is but it's not looking good.
Do you mean we could be still relegated etc
Ot Football in General ?

Football is who has the best accountants and that's all they've got while we win a lot.. When we were on the rise in they were turkeys voting for Christmas.

They'll give up on us and kept pushing for enforcement of any rules to prevent a similar story to protect their positions. Newcastle are stifled by the current rules and it means they can continue to stay at the top of the table even without too much investment and draw a profit each year which is ideal for them. Spend enough to make the CL spots and cash in but not too much that it prevents the owners making money.

The other clubs at the time felt some protection too. It enabled them to have an excuse not to spend too much and prevented lots of new owners coming in and threatening their position in the league.

That has backfired for plenty.

The club won't give a shit if others think we broke the rules still. I certainly don't care as a fan. The rules are nonsense but probably benefit us more than anybody else now.
You might be right and like you say, we stand to benefit from that scenario.

Another decade of watching the hurt on the faces of the sad sack red shirt followers, whilst we mop up trophy after trophy would suit me just fine. All by playing by the rules that they pushed for too. Fantastic.

Considering how he is with other guests and how argumentative for the sake of it he tries to be, I don’t think Jordan was as much of a bellend as he normally is in that and even if it might not have come across listening to it, you can see on the vid he was respecting and agreeing with most of the points being put back to him.

I don’t mean any of that as a compliment to him as such, aside from that he clearly knew he had come up against a more than worthy adversary that he couldn’t counter. @projectriver, superb interview.

Be intrigued to know if you speak to them after the interview and what they say once the microphones are off!

Stefan up against two professional broadcasters did so well that they and the programme producers could only use the "relegation" bit, out of context as expected, in their follow up clickbait advert. I do feel the tide of public and media opinion is changing slowly in our favour. The only thing I didn't realise is Stefan worked alongside that up his own arse, smug, arrogant, big headed, full of his own importance snob known as Alistair. But after todays showing I can disregard and not hold that against him;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.